|Directed by||Rolf Meyer|
|Produced by||Rolf Meyer|
|Written by||Kurt E. Walter|
|Music by||Werner Eisbrenner|
|Edited by||Martha Dübber|
Junge Film-Union Rolf Meyer
|26 October 1948|
The film's sets were designed by Erich Grave.
In 1933, a family is divided when the father and one son emigrate to democratic Switzerland while the mother and other son remain in Nazi Germany. The two branches of the family develop along very different paths.
- Lil Dagover as Margot von Korff
- Hans Stüwe as Robert Gaspary
- Anneliese von Eschstruth as Sylvia Genris
- Harald Holberg as Hans Gaspary
- Michael Tellering as Günther von Korff
- Inge Landgut as Christine
- Hans Zesch-Ballot as Dr. Grove
- Elise Aulinger as Frau Seelenmayr
- John Pauls-Harding as Pit
- Käte Pontow as Tinchen
- Walther Jung
- Katharina Mayberg
- Bock & Bergfelder p. 77
- Bock, Hans-Michael & Bergfelder, Tim. The Concise Cinegraph: Encyclopaedia of German Cinema. Berghahn Books, 2009.