Ganito Kami Noon, Paano Kayo Ngayon
Ganito Kami Noon, Paano Kayo Ngayon? (English: "This Is How We Were Before, How Are You Doing Now?") is a 1976 Filipino romantic musical drama film set in the era of Spanish colonization in the Philippines. It was directed by Eddie Romero and starred Christopher De Leon and Gloria Diaz. The film was selected as the Philippine entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 49th Academy Awards, but was not accepted as a nominee.
|Ganito Kami Noon, Paano Kayo Ngayon|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Eddie Romero|
|Produced by||Dennis Juban|
|Written by||Roy C. Iglesias|
|Starring||Christopher De Leon|
|Music by||Lutgardo Labad|
|Edited by||Ben Barcelon|
|Distributed by||Hemisphere Pictures|
In 2013, ABS-CBN Film Archives in partnership with Central Digital Lab digitally restored and remastered the film and was subsequently released in select theaters for a limited period of time. The digitally restored version was also released on DVD and iTunes.
Set at the turn of the 20th century during the Filipino revolution against the Spaniards and, later, the American colonizers, it follows a naive peasant through his leap of faith to become a member of an imagined community.
- Christopher De Leon as Nicolas "Kulas" Ocampo
- Gloria Diaz as Matilde 'Diding' Diaz Patron
- Eddie Garcia as Don Tibor
- Dranreb as Bindoy
- Leopoldo Salcedo as Fortunato 'Atong' Capili
- Rosemarie Gil as Concordia
- Johnny Vicar as Onofre 'Kidlat' Biltao
- Tsing Tong Tsai as Lim
- E.A. Rocha as Padre Gil Corcuera
- Jaime Fabregas as Komandante
- George Albert Romero
- Peque Gallaga as Spanish Officer
- Odette Khan as Don Tibor's wife
- Laida Lim-Perez as Lim's wife
- Teresita Non as Leonor
- Joey Romero as Soldier
|1976||Metro Manila Film Festival||Best Film||Ganito Kami Noon, Paano Kayo Ngayon||Won|
|Best Director||Eddie Romero||Won|
|Best Actor||Christopher de Leon||Won|
|Best Screenplay||Eddie Romero & Roy C. Iglesias||Won|
|Best Music||Lutgardo Labad||Won|
|Best Art Direction||Laida Lim-Perez and Peque Gallaga||Won|
- Margaret Herrick Library, Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
- San Diego, Bayani Jr. (6 November 2013). "Restored masterpiece opens Cinema One". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 8 November 2013.
- "Ganito kami noon... Paano kayo ngayon? (1976): Trivia". IMDb.com. Retrieved 20 November 2019.
- "Metro Manila Film Festival:1976". IMDB. Retrieved 2014-04-09.