Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management
Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM), formerly GITAM University and GITAM College of Engineering, is an institute of higher education with campuses in Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad and Bangalore in India. It was established in 1980 at Visakhapatnam, it was affiliated to Andhra University. In 2007, it was conferred the status of deemed university under Section 3 of UGC Act 1956. It was the first private engineering institute in Andhra Pradesh to receive university status. Its main campus at Visakhapatnam spreads over 110 acres (45 ha).
|GITAM College of Engineering, GITAM University|
|Chancellor||Prof. K. Ramakrishna Rao|
|Colours||Gold and brown|
|University and College rankings|
|General – India|
|NIRF (Overall) (2018)||101–150|
|NIRF (Universities) (2018)||15|
GITAM Institute of Technology and Management was ranked 85 among universities in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2018 and in the 101–150 band overall.
GITAM has a 110-acre (45 ha) campus in Rushikonda. The campus consists of three main food canteens, a few fast food outlets, a multi-purpose outdoor ground, indoor facilities for badminton and table tennis, tennis courts, and gym. It consists of following schools:
- GITAM Institute of Technology
- GITAM Institute of Science
- GITAM Institute of Management
- GITAM School of International Business
- GITAM Institute of Pharmacy
- GITAM School of Architecture
- Gitam School of Law
- GITAM Institute of Medical Science and Research
- GITAM School of Nursing
- Centre for Distance Learning
- GITAM School of Gandhian Studies
GITAM is a host to many student activities both professional and cultural as well.GITAM University Science & Activity CENTRE(GUSAC),Professional societies include ISTE, IEEE, CSI, IETE, IEI, ISOI and EWB. Cultural societies include Kalakriti, G-studio, G-Mag, E-Cell, NCC, NSS and other community services like Rotaract and Vivaan.
- "Welcome to GITAM University". gitam.edu. Retrieved 15 June 2011.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Overall)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Universities)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "GITAM Student Activities".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management.|