Galeria Kaufhof GmbH is a German department store chain whose headquarters are in Cologne. Until 30 September 2015, the company was a subsidiary of Metro AG, when the company announced that it had been acquired by Hudson's Bay Company. In September 2018 they announced plans to merge with their largest competitor Karstadt. In June 2019 all the shares of Galeria Kaufhof were bought by the Austrian company Signa Holding, who been the partner in the former merger.
|Predecessor||Kaufhof Warenhaus AG|
|Dr. Wolfgang Link (Chairman of the Board)|
|Revenue||3,100,000,000 euro (2014) |
Number of employees
|21 500 (2014)|
On March 25, 2019 Karstadt & Galeria Kaufhof presented the new logo of their merged company Galeria Karstadt Kaufhof. They launched their new website galeria.de on that day, too.
- Galeria Kaufhof - 97 branches
- DINEA Gastronomie GmbH - 58 restaurants
- Galeria Inno - 16 stores in Belgium
- "Mehr Wachstum, besseres Kundenerlebnis – GALERIA Kaufhof-Gruppe wird Teil von HBC" [More growth, better buying experience - GALERIA Kaufhof-Gruppe will be part of HBC] (Press release) (in German). Galeria Kaufhof GmbH. 2015-09-30. Retrieved 2016-12-09.
- "Germany's Karstadt and Galeria Kaufhof Department Stores Merge". 11 September 2018. Retrieved 24 October 2018.
- Hudson's Bay Stock Soars 43% on Buyout Interest and Exit From Europe Yahoo Finance on 10th of June 2019
- Galeria Inno - History (in French)
Media related to Galeria Kaufhof at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website (in German)
- Documents and clippings about Kaufhof-Warenhaus AG in the 20th Century Press Archives of the ZBW