The Gale Sisters was a family of four actresses, two sets of twins, who performed in vaudeville and movies:
- Jane Gale, born Helen Gilmartin (b. 1911), twin sister of June
- June Gale, born Doris Gilmartin (1911–1996), twin sister of Jane: wife successively of Oscar Levant and Henry Ephron
- Jean Gale, born Lenore Gilmartin (1912–1974), twin sister of Joan
- Joan Gale, born Lorraine Gilmartin (1912–1998), twin sister of Jean
The sisters were initially billed by their birth names, as in their appearance in Parisian Idea in Oakland, California, in 1928. The group entertained not only in America but also performed during a tour of Europe.
- "Family Boasts Four Twins". Oakland Tribune. California, Oakland. April 10, 1928. p. 30. Retrieved 12 March 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- "The taming of the Screwball". Detroit Free Press. Michigan, Detroit. March 10, 1940. p. 25. Retrieved 12 March 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- "June Gale". Internet Broadway Database. The Broadway League. Archived from the original on 12 March 2019. Retrieved 12 March 2019.