Front Cover with Australian actor Hugh Jackman
|Digital Editor||Julia Frank|
|Edwina McCann||Editorial Director|
|Frequency||8 issues per annum|
|First issue||September 1998|
|Company||NewsLifeMedia (News Corp Australia)|
Published by NewsLifeMedia, a division of News Corp Australia, the print and digital men's title offers advice, news and features across style, grooming, watches, luxury, cars, politics and fitness. GQ Australia first began as a printed publication in 1998 and now spans across stand-alone issues, mobile apps, social media platforms and the website GQ.com.au. With 8 issues printed every year, GQ also hosts events, the flagship of which is the GQ Men of the Year Awards. GQ has spent two decades championing Australian creative talent and has interviewed many of the country's leading musicians, and Hollywood stars. Former cover stars include Hugh Jackman, Guy Pearce, George Clooney, Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Chris Pratt, Jake Gyllenhaal, Matt Damon, Liam Hemsworth, James Franco, Kit Harington and many more
GQ has interviewed many leading Australian political figures including prime ministers Kevin Rudd and Malcolm Turnbull, Foreign Minister Julie Bishop and Opposition Leader Bill Shorten alongside many state and federal MPs. In the case of Malcolm Turnbull, he appeared on the cover of GQ in 2015 beneath the headline “Primed Minister”
GQ Men of the Year
GQ's global forum for celebrating men and woman started in 2000 in Australia. With multiple award categories each year the black tie event showcases the best Australia has to offer when it comes to acting, music, business, culinary and creative talent. A full list of previous winners includes
- Previous Winners
- 2017 GQ Men of the Year Winners
Jeff Goldblum, Amber Heard, Travis Fimmel, Flume, Adam Briggs, Jon Kortajarena, Alan Joyce, KJ Apa, Ansel Elgort, A$AP Rocky, Virgil Abloh, Client Liaison, Jeff Horn, Hello Sunday Morning, Hayden Cox and Luke Davis
- 2016 GQ Men of the Year Winners
Chris Hemsworth, Iggy Azalea, Joel Edgerton, Jon Hamm, Peter Greste, western Bulldogs, Kim Jones, Hacksaw Ridge, Kyle Chalmers, Darren Hart, Dylan Alcott, Joel Creasey, Stan Grant, Ken Done, Atlassian, Richard Roxburgh, Justin O’Shea and Keniyan Lonsdale
- 2015 GQ Men of the Year Winners
Cody Simpson, David Gandy, Ruby Rose, David Pocock, Jai Courtney, Mick Fanning, Jordan Barrett, Michael Clarke, Waleed Aly, Ryan Corr, Joel & Benji Madden, Myuran Sukumaran, Daniel Johns, Guillaume Brahimi, Troye Sivan, Justin Hemmes and Patrick Johnson
- 2014 GQ Men of the Year Winners
Ian Thorpe, Nick Boshier & Christiaan Van Vuuren, Daniel Ricciardo, Dave Franco, Neale Whitaker, Nick Palumbo, Fitzy & Wippa, Cheynne Tozzi, Don Hany, Nick Kyrgios, SAbour Bradley, Matt Moran, Vincent Fantauzzo, Jason Clarke, Strateas Carlucci, Brenton Thwaites, Clive Palmer, Jordan & Zac Stenmark, Hugh Evans, INXS, Love Your Sister, Animal Logic, The Preatures and Gough Whitlam (posthumous)
GQ Australia offers readers annual and bi-annual subscriptions the magazine through their magazine distribution arm Mags Online offering subscribers special edition and subscriber-only editions of the magazine.
GQ is published in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Latin America, Mexico, Portugal, Romania, Russia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, and the United States.
Editors and publishers
- AU. editors
- (2017–present) Michael Christensen, Editor
- (2015–2019) Jack Phillips, Digital Editor
- (2019 - present) Julia Frank, Digital Editor
- (2016-2017) Matthew Drummond, Editor
- (2012-2014) Ceri David, Editor
- (2007-2012) Nick Smith, Editor
- (1998-1999) Peter Holder, Editor
- AU. publishers
- (2018–present) Nicholas Gray
- (2012-2018) Nick Smith
- (1998-) Grant Pearce
- GQ Australia. Vol. 1, no. 1 (September 1998–) (Also titled Gentlemen's Quarterly Australia) Greenwich, NSW: Condé Nast Publications Inc., 1998–
- Not published between December/January 1999/2000 and Special ed. (2001). Monthly, September 1998–December/January 1999/2000. ISSN 1440-7795
- "Liam Hemsworth Covers GQ Australia". News Corp Australia. 29 May 2016. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- "SMH | Malcolm Turnbull on Cover of GQ Australia". Fairfax Media. 17 April 2015. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- "GQ | All The Winners From GQ Australia Men of the Year Awards 2017". News Corp Australia. 15 November 2017. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- "GQ | All The Winners From GQ Australia Men of the Year Awards 2016". News Corp Australia. 17 November 2016. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- "GQ | All The Winners From GQ Australia Men of the Year Awards 2015". News Corp Australia. 11 November 2015. Retrieved 4 April 2018.
- "GQ | All The Winners From GQ Australia Men of the Year Awards 2014". News Corp Australia. 20 November 2014. Retrieved 4 April 2018.
- "GQ | Mags Online". News Corp Australia. 4 April 2018. Retrieved 4 April 2018.
- "According to Mumbrella". mumbrella.com.au. 23 October 2017. Retrieved 23 October 2017.
- "Scent of a man". Vogue.com.au. 23 August 2010. Retrieved 15 January 2018.