GNU Paint, otherwise known as gpaint, is a free and open-source raster graphics editor similar to Microsoft Paint. It is free software licensed under the terms of GNU General Public License version 3 and is part of the GNU Project.
GNU Paint v0.3.3
|Type||Raster graphics editor|
|License||GNU General Public License|
Features of gpaint include:
- Drawing tools such as ovals, freehand, polygon and text, with fill or shadow for polygons and closed freehand shapes.
- Cut and paste by selecting irregular regions or polygons.
- Preliminary print support using gnome-print.
- Modern, ease-to-use user interface with tool and color palettes.
- Multiple-image editing in a single instance of the program.
- All the image processing features present in xpaint.
- No facility to crop images
- No ability to make rectangular selections
- "Gpaint - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF)". gnu.org. 2007-09-01. Retrieved 2014-06-30.