GNOME Software 3.34
|Initial release||September 25, 2013|
|Stable release||3.34.2 (25 November 2019 ) [±]|
|Preview release||3.35.2 (24 November 2019 ) [±]|
|Operating system||Linux and Unix-like|
|Type||App store, Digital distribution|
|License||GNU General Public License|
The program can be used to add and manage repositories as well as Ubuntu Personal Package Archives (PPA). Ubuntu replaced its previous Ubuntu Software Center program with GNOME Software starting with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, re-branded as "Ubuntu Software". It also supports fwupd for servicing of system firmware.
gnome-packagekit is another GTK-based front-end for PackageKit, unlike GNOME Software, it can handle all the packages not only applications, and has a few advanced features that are missing in GNOME Software. (see the screenshot)
- "GNOME 3.10 Released!". 25 September 2013.
- Petridis, Jordan (25 Nov 2019). "GNOME 3.34.2 Released". GNOME Mail Services (Mailing list). Retrieved 14 Dec 2019.
- Catanzaro, Michael (24 November 2019). "GNOME 3.35.2 released". GNOME Mail Services (Mailing list). Retrieved 29 November 2019.
- "Ubuntu 16.04 LTS will dump the Ubuntu Software Center for GNOME Software". PC World.
- "fwupd: Simple, Open-Source Device Firmware Updating". Phoronix. Retrieved 3 December 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to GNOME Software.|