Full Speed Ahead (1936 film)
Full Speed Ahead is a 1936 British drama film directed by Lawrence Huntington and starring Paul Neville, Moira Lynd and Richard Norris. The film was made at Wembley Studios as a quota quickie for distribution by the Hollywood company Paramount Pictures. It is also known by the alternative title Full Steam Ahead.
|Full Speed Ahead|
|Directed by||Lawrence Huntington|
|Produced by||Lawrence Huntington|
|Written by||Gerald Elliott |
|Starring||Paul Neville |
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
A couple elope on a ship, only to discover that the dishonest captain plans to scuttle it for insurance purposes.
- Paul Neville as Captain Murton
- Moira Lynd as Jean Hunter
- Richard Norris as Tim Brent
- George Mozart as Chief Smith
- Geoffrey Clark as Dunn
- Victor Hagen as Smith
- George Turner as Oily Short
- Arthur Seaton as Irving Hunter
- Julian Vedey as Mendoza
- Syd Crossley as Muggridge
- Arthur Brander as Alec Goodhill
- Dorothy Dewhurst as Mrs. Meddlecott
- Frederick Peisley as Michael Elwood
- Chibnall p.288
- Chibnall, Steve. Quota Quickies: The British of the British 'B' Film. British Film Institute, 2007.
- Low, Rachael. Filmmaking in 1930s Britain. George Allen & Unwin, 1985.
- Wood, Linda. British Films, 1927-1939. British Film Institute, 1986.
This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.