From Corleone to Brooklyn
From Corleone to Brooklyn (original title: Da Corleone a Brooklyn) is an Italian poliziotteschi film directed by Umberto Lenzi. The film was released in Italy on 13 April 1979 and stars Maurizio Merli, Mario Merola and Van Johnson.
|From Corleone to Brooklyn|
|Directed by||Umberto Lenzi|
|Produced by||Sandra Infascelli|
|Story by||Umberto Lenzi|
|Music by||Franco Micalizzi|
|Edited by||Eugenio Alabiso|
|Distributed by||Variety Film|
|Box office||₤398.6 million|
Italian mobster, Michele Barresi heads for the safer climate of Brooklyn after his chief rival is gunned down in the small Sicilian town of Corleone. Commissioner Berni learns of his involvement so Barresi takes out a contract on the only two people alive who can put him away. One is Barresi's hired assassin and the other is his girlfriend. Unable to save the girl, Berni manages to arrest the assassin, Salvetore Scalia. The plan is to get Scalia from Palermo to New York to testify against Barresi in court. But the mafia has no intentions of allowing either Berni, or Scalia to make it to New York alive.
- Maurizio Merli as Commissioner Giorgio Berni
- Mario Merola as Michele Barresi
- Biagio Pelligra as Salvatore Scalia
- Laura Belli as Paola
- Van Johnson as Lt. Sturges
- Venantino Venantini as Commissioner Danova
- Sonia Viviani as Liana Scalia
- Salvatore Billa as Giuseppe Caruso
- Luca Barbareschi as Policeman
From Corleone to Brooklyn was released theatrically in Italy on 13 April 1979.where it was distributed by Variety Film. The film grossed 398.6 million Italian lira.
- Curti 2013, p. 258.
- From Corleone to Brooklyn (1979) - IMDb, retrieved 2019-03-12
- Curti, Roberto (2013). Italian Crime Filmography, 1968-1980. McFarland. ISBN 0786469765.