Frederiksberg Kommune is a municipality (Danish, kommune) on the island of Zealand (Sjælland) in Denmark. Part of Copenhagen, it is surrounded by Copenhagen Municipality. The municipality, co-extensive with its seat, covers a total area (land and water) of 8.71 km2 (3.36 square miles; 871 hectares) according to the Municipal Key Figures (De Kommunale Nøgletal;www.noegletal.dk) and has a population of 103,960 (1 January 2019) making it the smallest municipality in Denmark area-wise, the fifth most populous, and the most densely populated. Its mayor is Simon Aggesen from the Conservative People's Party (Det Konservative Folkeparti).
Municipalities of Denmark
|• Mayor||Simon Aggesen|
|• Total||8.7 km2 (3.4 sq mi)|
(1 January 2019)
|Time zone||UTC1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC2 (CEST)|
The city of Frederiksberg is the only town in the municipality, and is therefore the site of its municipal council.
Frederiksberg is located as an enclave within the municipality of Copenhagen, the national capital. The municipality was originally situated west of Copenhagen, but after a number of smaller municipalities were merged with Copenhagen in 1901, it became completely surrounded by Copenhagen.
Frederiksberg was one of the three last Danish municipalities not belonging to a County—the others being Copenhagen and Bornholm. On 1 January 2007, the municipality lost its county privileges and became part of Region Hovedstaden (i.e. the Copenhagen Capital Region).
Frederiksberg municipality was not merged with other municipalities as the result of nationwide Kommunalreformen ("The Municipal Reform" of 2007).
- Marius Godskesen (1919–1936)
- Vilhelm Fischer (1936–1948)
- Aksel Møller (1948–1950, 1954–1958)
- Arne Stæhr Johansen (1950–1954, 1958–1978)
- John Winther (1978–2000)
- Mads Lebech (2001–2009)
- Jørgen Glenthøj (2009–2019)
- Simon Aggesen (2019-)
Frederiksberg Municipality is twinned with:
Notes and references
- FOLK1: Population 1 January database from Statistics Denmark (in Danish)
- "Frederiksberg Municipality - Twin Towns" (in Danish). ©2007 -2009 Frederiksberg Municipality. Archived from the original on 2011-06-15. Retrieved 2009-09-09. External link in
- "Co-operation with twin and partner cities". ©2007 City of Tartu. Retrieved 2009-01-04.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Friedriksberg Municipality.|