Frank Bank (April 12, 1942 – April 13, 2013) was an American actor, particularly known for his role as Clarence "Lumpy" Rutherford on the 1957–1963 situation comedy television series Leave It to Beaver.
April 12, 1942
|Died||April 13, 2013 71) (aged|
|Cause of death||Cancer|
|Occupation||Actor (1950–1989) and bond broker (after 1973)|
|Known for||Portraying Clarence "Lumpy" Rutherford in Leave It to Beaver, first on CBS and then on ABC|
Marlene Kay Blau
(m. 1963; div. 1965)
Jeri Lynn Handelman
(m. 1966; div. 1982)
(m. 1982; his death 2013)
|Children||Two daughters with Jeri. Two stepdaughters with Rebecca|
Bank was cast in fifty episodes of Leave It to Beaver between January 24, 1958, until the series finale on May 30, 1963. Thereafter, he was cast as Clarence Rutherford in 101 episodes of the series sequel, The New Leave It to Beaver, which aired on cable television from 1985 to 1989.
Bank died of cancer on April 13, 2013, in Rancho Mirage, California, one day after his 71st birthday. He was survived by his third wife, Rebecca, four daughters, and five grandchildren. He is interred at Hillside Memorial Park Cemetery in Culver City, California.
- Ford Television Theatre as Clarence Miggs in "Life, Liberty and Orrin Dooley" (NBC, 1952)
- Father Knows Best as unnamed high school student (uncredited) in "The Persistent Guest" (March,1956)
- Leave It to Beaver as Clarence Rutherford (CBS, ABC, 1958–1963)
- Cimarron City as Henry Purdy (uncredited) in "The Bitter Lesson" (NBC, 1959)
- Bachelor Father (1962) as Jim Estabrook in "The Twain Shall Meet" (ABC, 1962)
- 87th Precinct as Punk (uncredited) in "Idol in the Dust" (NBC, 1962)
- Life with Archie as Archie (unsold pilot, 1962)
- The Match Game/Hollywood Squares Hour as himself (December 1983)
- Still the Beaver (CBS-TV film), subsequently known as The New Leave It to Beaver (1983–1989) – Clarence RutherfordFather Knows Best-1956-uncredited...
- "Frank Bank". IMDb. Retrieved April 17, 2013.
- Kenneally, Tim (April 15, 2013). "'Leave It to Beaver's' Lumpy Dead at 71". The Wrap. Retrieved November 16, 2019.
- Woo, Elaine (April 15, 2013), "Frank Bank dies at 71; played 'Lumpy' on 'Leave It to Beaver'", Los Angeles Times
- Lang, Derrik J. (April 16, 2013). "'Leave It to Beaver' actor Frank Bank, who played Lumpy, dies at 71". Times Colonist. Victoria, BC. Associated Press.