Francisco Javier Escobar (June 21, 1991) is a Colombian model and the winner of the Mister World 2012 title which was held in Kent, England on November 24, 2012. He defeated 47 other challengers from around the world to earn the Mister World 2012 title. Francisco studies Business Administration at Monroe College, NY, and is a pole vaulter. He is a 21-year-old native of Cali, Colombia.
Francisco Javier Escobar
Francisco Javier Escobar Parra
June 21, 1991
|Residence||New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Height||190 cm (6 ft 3 in)|
|Title||Mister Colombia 2012|
Mister World 2012
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Mister Colombia 2012|
Mister World 2012
Francisco is professional model based in New York City. He has been in many different magazines, such as Vogue, cosmopolitan, W and many more. He has been in more than 20 countries traveling as a model and doing his sport. Francisco Escobar has been in Vogue magazine four times with Bruce Weber, who is recognized as one of the best photographers in the world.
Francisco has been modeling for more than five years. His career started by modelling. First in Singapore where he built his book. He also travelled to China, Hong Kong, and Malaysia. After being in Asia for a year, Francisco decided to try his luck in New York. He was booked with an unknown agency and few days later he modeled for and featured for Calvin Klein. Francisco participated in New York Fashion Week a couple of times. Since then, he has decided to change his agency. He is currently with Wilhelmina..
Mr World Title
Francisco was one of 48 contestants from around the world competing at the 7th edition of the Mr World competition. The competition consisted of a series of challenges, culminating in the Grand Final at the Kent Event Centre, Kent, UK. Although not winning any of the challenges, he placed high in four of the five, attaining 2nd place in the Extreme Sports Challenge and a top five placement in the Multi-Media Award. Francisco was chosen as the winner at the final and named "The World's Most Desirable Man".
As Mr World, he will embark on a variety of trips around the world as a Global Ambassador, speaking at events, working on humanitarian projects, and assisting the Miss World Organisation as an official representative.
- Requintina, Robert R. (28 November 2012). "Andrew Upset Over Mr. World Result, Cory Defends Pageant Runner-Up". Tempo. Archived from the original on 4 October 2013. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- "Andrew Wolff Is Mr. World First Runner-Up". ABS-CBN News. 25 November 2012. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- Tre, Ruoi (26 November 2012). "Nam Thanh Finishes at Mr. World 2012's Top 10". Tuoitre News. Archived from the original on 3 December 2012. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- Meola, Andrew (28 November 2012). "Monroe Pole Vaulter Winds Mr. World Competition". New Rochelle Daily Voice. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- "The Mr World Final - Full Review". Official Mr World Website. 27 November 2012. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
|Awards and achievements|
|| Mister World
Camilo Tocancipa Garcia
| Mister Mundo Colombia