Four Sons (1940 film)
Four Sons is a 1940 film directed by Archie Mayo. It stars Don Ameche and Eugenie Leontovich. It is a remake of the 1928 film of the same name.
|Directed by||Archie Mayo|
|Produced by||Darryl F. Zanuck|
|Written by||John Howard Lawson|
Milton Sperling (add. dialogue)
|Distributed by||Twentieth Century-Fox|
|June 14, 1940|
When the Germans invade Czechoslovakia in 1939, the four sons of a Czecho-German family follow different paths: Czech patriot, Nazi supporter, artist in America, and heroic German soldier.
- Don Ameche as Chris Bern
- Eugenie Leontovich as Frau Bern
- Mary Beth Hughes as Anna
- Alan Curtis as Karl Bern
- George Ernest as Fritz Bern
- Robert Lowery as Joseph
- Lionel Royce as Max Sturm
- Sig Ruman as Newmann (as Sig Rumann)
- Ludwig Stössel as Pastor
- Christian Rub as Kapek
- Torben Meyer as Gustav
- "AFI-Catalog". catalog.afi.com.
- "Four Sons (1940)". BFI.
- "Four Sons (1940) - Archie Mayo - Synopsis, Characteristics, Moods, Themes and Related". AllMovie.
- Four Sons on IMDb
- Four Sons at the TCM Movie Database
This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.