Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research
The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to "support the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) as it promotes international health professions education through programmatic and research activities." These activities include:
- Creating Educational Opportunities for Health Professions Educators that support the exchange of educational expertise, acquisition of new methodologies in teaching and assessment, and pursuit of advanced degrees in health professions education.
- Discovering Patterns and Disseminating Knowledge about the relationship between health professions education and health care, and the impact of physician workforce and migration issues on the functioning of health care systems.
- Developing Data Resources to develop and maintain accurate, publicly available information that promotes an understanding of the world's health professions education systems today, and how they should look tomorrow. Among FAIMER's data resources is the International Medical Education Directory (IMED), a free web-based listing of medical schools that are recognized by the appropriate government agencies in the countries where the medical schools are located.
- "Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER)". www.faimer.org. Retrieved 2019-02-22.
- "FAIMER : About Us : Strategic Plan - Mission". Retrieved 2011-11-28.
- "FAIMER : About Us - Activities". Retrieved 2011-11-28.
- "FAIMER : Data Resources : International Medical Education Directory (IMED)". Retrieved 2011-11-28.