Fort railway station bombing
The Fort railway station bombing was a suicide bombing of a commuter train while it was stopped at the Fort railway station, the main station in Colombo, Sri Lanka, on February 3, 2008. The bombing killed 12 and injured more than 100. Killed in the attack were eight school children of D. S. Senanayake College's baseball team and their coach/teacher-in-charge.
|Fort railway station bombing|
Memorial for the students of D. S. Senanayake College who were killed by the LTTE in 2008
|Location||Fort railway station, Colombo, Sri Lanka|
|Date||February 3, 2008 (UTC+5:30)|
- Sri Lanka probes 'bomber offer', BBC
- Suicide Bomb Hits Sri Lankan Rail Station,CBS News
- Seven dead, nearly 100 hurt in Sri Lanka suicide blast: police, hospital,AFP Archived 2012-07-25 at the Wayback Machine
- Colombo suicide blast kills 12 civilians
- "US blames Tamil Tigers for Sri Lanka blasts". Archived from the original on 2008-02-06. Retrieved 2008-06-10.