Forfar and Kincardine Artillery
|Forfar and Kincardine Artillery|
Following the Militia Act of 1797, the regiment was raised as an infantry regiment in 1798 as the Forfarshire Militia. Four years later its territorial scope was broadended when it became the Forfarshire and Kincardine Militia and in 1854 it was redesignated the Forfar and Kincardine Artillery.
By 1882 the regiment had a total of eight batteries and over 800 men. In 1902 it was renamed as the Forfar and Kincardine Royal Garrison Artillery (Militia). On the creation of the Territorial Force in 1908 the unit was transferred to the Special Reserve Royal Field Artillery. It was disbanded in 1909.
- Litchfield, Norman E H, 1987. The Militia Artillery 1852-1909, The Sherwood Press, Nottingham, p.87
- The Treble Almanack: For the Year ... : Forming the Most Complete Lists Published of the Present Civil, Military and Naval Establishments of Great Britain & Ireland. 1815. 1815.