Forest Products Commission
The Forest Products Commission (FPC) is a Western Australian Government trading enterprise established under an Act of Parliament, responsible for development and marketing of the state's renewable timber resources. The agency was established as part of the then Court Government's response to the debate regarding logging in old growth forests. The minister responsible for the agency is the Minister for Forestry, currently Dave Kelly of the Labor Party.
|Formed||1 October 2000|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Western Australia|
|Headquarters||Kensington, Western Australia|
Prior to the establishment of the commission, commercial logging and harvesting, as well as sharefarming was undertaken by the then Department of Conservation and Land Management. Its creation meant that the conservation and commercial interests of the state in respect of forestry were separated, thus removing a perceived conflict of interest.
When the agency was established in November 2000, Dr Paul Biggs was appointed as its General Manager. Its General Manager is now Stuart West.
The former Minister for Forestry, the Hon. Terry Redman noted in the media release announcing Dr Biggs' departure that his contribution to the industry is both appreciated and respected across Australia.
|“||Through his role at the FPC, Paul has been dedicated to strengthening the industry and the regional communities it supports while maintaining a strong focus on good environmental management. I wish him well in his future endeavours.||”|
|— Minister for Forestry Hon. Terry Redman in press release announcing Dr Biggs's departure|
- "Annual Report - 2008/09" (PDF). Forest Products Commission. 21 October 2009. Retrieved 21 October 2009.
- "About Us". Forest Products Commission. 21 October 2009.
- "Media release - Departure of General Manager Dr Paul Biggs". Forest Products Commission. 5 February 2010. Retrieved 10 April 2010.
- "Media release - Forest Products Commission appoints David Hartley as interim General Manager". Forest Products Commission. 25 February 2010. Retrieved 10 April 2010.
- "Inaugural Forest Products Commission appointed". Department of Conservation and Land Management. 13 November 2000. Retrieved 13 January 2008.
- "Contacting Us". Forest Products Commission. 21 October 2009.
- "Environment". Forest Products Commission. 21 October 2009.