Forbes Shire is a local government area in the central west region of New South Wales, Australia. The Shire was formed in 1981 from the amalgamation of the Municipality of Forbes and the Shire of Jemalong.
New South Wales
Location in New South Wales
|• Density||2.0311/km2 (5.261/sq mi)|
|Area||4,720 km2 (1,822.4 sq mi)|
|Mayor||Phyllis Miller (Independent)|
Current composition and election method
Forbes Shire Council is composed of nine Councillors elected proportionally as a single ward. All Councillors are elected for a fixed four-year term of office. The Mayor is elected by the Councillors at the first meeting of the Council. The most recent election was held on 10 September 2016, and the makeup of the Council is as follows:
|Independents and Unaligned||9|
|Grant Clifton||Independent||Former Deputy Mayor|
|Graeme Miller||Independent||Former Mayor|
|Jenny Webb||Unaligned||Deputy Mayor|
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Forbes (A)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 27 November 2017.
- "3218.0 – Regional Population Growth, Australia, 2017-18". Australian Bureau of Statistics. 27 March 2019. Retrieved 27 March 2019. Estimated resident population (ERP) at 30 June 2018.
- "Forbes Shire Council". Division of Local Government. Retrieved 12 November 2006.
- "About Forbes Council". Forbes Shire. Forbes Shire Council. Retrieved 21 May 2016.
- "Forbes Shire Council: Summary of First Preference and Group Votes for each Candidate". Local Government Elections 2016. Electoral Commission of New South Wales. 19 September 2016. Retrieved 6 November 2016.