Footwear News (sometimes referred to as FN) is a weekly print publication on the topic of women's, men's, and children's footwear. Founded in 1945, its coverage is for the fashion design and fashion retail industries. It was originally published by Fairchild Media. The publication also operates FootwearNews.com which runs more consumer content than the print publication.
Footwear News magazine cover from September 5, 2016.
|Editorial Director||Michael Atmore|
|Company||Penske Media Corporation|
The publication hosts the annual FN Achievement Awards, which has been referred to as the "Shoe Oscars." It also hosts the FN CEO Summit, an event with footwear industry CEOs, designers, and brand builders.
- Alvarez, Alex (11 August 2010). "Michael Atmore Promoted, Will Now Also Oversee Brand Development For Fairchild Fashion Group". AdWeek. Retrieved 13 October 2019.
- Sterlacci, Francesca; Arbuckle, Joanne (2017). Historical Dictionary of the Fashion Industry. Rowman and Litlefield. ISBN 9781442239098.
- Levy, Nicole (26 January 2015). "Fairchild's Footwear News gets a print revamp". Politico. Retrieved 13October 2019.
- Spence, Sade (29 November 2017). "Hailey Baldwin, Virgil Abloh Honored at FN Achievement Awards". Variety. Retrieved 13 October 2019.
- "FN CEO Summit Takes on Hot Topics Reshaping the Industry". FN. 8 April 2019. Retrieved 13 October 2019.
- Schwartz, Matthew (13 February 2006). "'Footwear News' walks new path". AdAge. Retrieved 13 October 2019.
- Bazilian, Emma (19 August 2014). "Condé Nast Sells Fairchild Fashion Media to Penske". AdWeek. Retrieved 13 October 2019.