Flint Roller Derby
Flint Roller Derby is a roller derby league based in Flint, Michigan. Founded in 2007, the league consists of one team which competes against teams from other leagues. Flint is a member of the Women's Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA).
|Metro area||Flint, MI|
|Teams||Flint City Derby Girls|
The league was founded in March 2007. In 2009, it created a roller derby program at the University of Michigan–Flint. For many years, the league played its bouts at the Rollhaven Family Fun Center, but in 2012 it moved to the larger Perani Arena, while continuing to use the Rollhaven venue for scrimmage and practices.
In January 2011, Flint was accepted as a member of the Women's Flat Track Derby Association Apprentice Program, but was no longer listed as a member as of February 2013. By December 2017, the league had rebranded as Flint Roller Derby, and had re-entered the WFTDA Apprentice Program. Flint became a full member league of the WFTDA in September 2018.
- "Flint Roller Derby – WFTDA". wftda.com. WFTDA. Retrieved 14 February 2019.
- Krystle Holleman, "Derby girls know how to roll Archived 2013-02-04 at Archive.today", Michigan Times, February 4, 2009
- William E. Ketchum III, "Flint City Derby Girls start new season in Perani Arena", Flint Journal, March 25, 2012
- "WFTDA Accepts 12 Additional Apprentice Leagues Archived 2011-11-07 at the Wayback Machine", WFTDA, 13 January 2011
- "Apprentice Leagues Archived March 23, 2010, at the Wayback Machine", WFTDA [retrieved 27 February 2013]
- Lierman, Donald (4 December 2017). "Flint Roller Derby Glides to Victory, Prepares for Next Season". The Michigan Times. Retrieved 14 February 2019.
- "WFTDA Welcomes New Members, Flint Roller Derby and Dirty Jersey Roller Derby – WFTDA". wftda.com. WFTDA. 3 September 2018. Retrieved 14 February 2019.