Flight from Destiny
Flight from Destiny is a 1941 American drama film directed by Vincent Sherman and written by Barry Trivers. The film stars Geraldine Fitzgerald, Thomas Mitchell, Jeffrey Lynn, James Stephenson, Mona Maris and Jonathan Hale. The film was released by Warner Bros. on February 8, 1941.
|Flight from Destiny|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Vincent Sherman|
|Produced by||Bryan Foy|
|Screenplay by||Barry Trivers|
|Story by||Anthony Berkeley|
|Music by||Heinz Roemheld|
|Cinematography||James Van Trees|
|Edited by||Thomas Richards|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros.|
- Geraldine Fitzgerald as Betty Farroway
- Thomas Mitchell as Professor Henry Todhunter
- Jeffrey Lynn as Michael Farroway
- James Stephenson as Dr. Lawrence Stevens
- Mona Maris as Ketti Moret
- Jonathan Hale as District Attorney
- David Bruce as Saunders
- Thurston Hall as Dean Somers
- Mary Gordon as Martha
- John Eldredge as Peterson
- Hardie Albright as Ferrers
- William Forrest as Prentiss
- Weldon Heyburn as Brooks
- William Hopper as Travin
- Alexander Lockwood as Conway
- Frank Reicher as Edvaard Kreindling
- Willie Best as George
- Libby Taylor as Maid
T.M.P. of The New York Times said, "What would you do if you only had six months to live?" That is the problem which confronts Thomas Mitchell as an elderly professor suffering from an aortic aneurism in Flight From Destiny. The same question has been pondered before on the screen, but seldom has it been dealt with so intelligently and entertainingly as in the new Warner drama at the Palace. Scenarist Barry Trivers has avoided artfully the pitfalls of a morbid theme by having Professor Todhunter regard his plight philosophically. And it was most fortunate that an actor of Mr. Mitchell's ability was selected to interpret the role, for he is a tower of strength."
- "Flight from Destiny (1941) - Overview". TCM.com. Retrieved 2015-08-01.
- T.M.P. (1941-03-28). "Movie Review - Flight from Destiny - At the Palace". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2015-08-01.