|Live album by|
|Recorded||November 14–16, 1988|
|Carla Bley chronology|
The album is recognised as one of Bley's finest. The Allmusic review by Stephen Cook awarded the album 4½ stars and stated "On Fleur Carnivore, pianist Carla Bley deftly integrates her beautiful melodies into five complex, yet effortless sounding pieces... Fleur Carnivore is one of Bley's best titles and good place to start for newcomers". The Penguin Guide to Jazz awarded it 3½ stars stating "This is something like a masterpiece".
|Penguin Guide to Jazz|
All compositions by Carla Bley.
- "Fleur Carnivore" - 11:12
- "Song of the Eternal Waiting of Canute" - 9:48
- "Ups and Downs" - 7:05
- "The Girl Who Cried Champagne Parts 1-3" - 17:15
- "Healing Power" - 10:27
- Recorded at the Montmartre, Copenhagen, Denmark on November 14–16, 1988.
- Carla Bley - piano
- Lew Soloff, Jens Winther - trumpet
- Frank Lacy - french horn, flugelhorn
- Gary Valente - trombone
- Bob Stewart - tuba
- Daniel Beaussier - oboe, flute
- Wolfgang Puschnig - alto saxophone, flute
- Andy Sheppard - tenor saxophone, clarinet
- Christof Lauer tenor saxophone, soprano saxophone
- Roberto Ottini - baritone saxophone, soprano saxophone
- Karen Mantler - harmonica, organ, vibes, chimes
- Steve Swallow - bass guitar
- Buddy Williams - drums
- Don Alias - percussion
- Carla Bley discography accessed August 9, 2010
- ECM/WATT discography Archived 2016-09-16 at the Wayback Machine accessed August 25, 2016
- Cook, S. Allmusic Review accessed August 5, 2010
- Cook, Richard; Brian Morton (2008) . The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings. The Penguin Guide to Jazz (9th ed.). New York: Penguin. p. 130. ISBN 978-0-14-103401-0.