Flag of Charlottetown
The official flag of Charlottetown, Queens County, Prince Edward Island was designed by Robert D. Watt, the then Chief Herald of Canada, after the city was granted a flag by the Canadian Heraldic Authority.
|Designed by||Robert D. Watt|
The design is a banner of its arms, which is surrounded by a green and white border.
In the centre of the flag there is royal crown. The crown represents the fact that Charlottetown is the county seat of Queens County in the colonial survey of 1764, and because the city was named after Queen Charlotte Sophia, wife of George III. The crown depicted is her coronation crown.
The four green rectangles surrounding the crown represent the four historic squares in downtown Charlottetown. (Rochford Square, Connaught Square, Hillsborough Square, and Kings Square)