Flack (TV series)
Flack is a dramedy television series filmed in the UK. The first season of the series, starring Anna Paquin as the main character, premiered on 21 February 2019 and consists of six one-hour long episodes.
|Created by||Oliver Lansley|
|Written by||Oliver Lansley|
|Directed by||Peter Cattaneo|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||6|
|Production location(s)||London, United Kingdom|
|Running time||50 minutes|
|Production company(s)||CASM Films|
Hat Trick Productions
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||21 February 2019 –|
Robyn (Anna Paquin), an American PR executive living in London, must figure out how to make the best of bad situations and somehow manage to get out unscathed. Robyn specialises in clearing up the monumental messes caused by her hapless and selfish clients. Although utterly in command of her job, her personal life is spinning out of control.
- Anna Paquin as Robyn, an American publicist living and working in London.
- Sophie Okonedo as Caroline, Head of Mills Paulson
- Genevieve Angelson as Ruth, Robyn's sister.
- Lydia Wilson as Eve, Robyn's best friend and colleague at Mills Paulson.
- Rebecca Benson as Melody, an intern at Mills Paulson.
- Arinze Kene as Sam, a nurse and Robyn's boyfriend.
- Marc Warren as Tom, a recovering drug addict
- Rufus Jones as Mark, Ruth's husband.
- Andrew Leung as Craig, an IT worker at Mills Paulson
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||U.K./U.S. viewers|
|1||"Anthony"||Peter Cattaneo||Oliver Lansley||21 February 2019||0.37 (U.K.)|
|2||"Summer"||Peter Cattaneo||Oliver Lansley||28 February 2019||0.045 (U.S.)|
|3||"Dan"||Peter Cattaneo||Oliver Lansley||7 March 2019||0.022 (U.S.)|
|4||"Brooke"||George Kane||Oliver Lansley||14 March 2019||0.052 (U.S.)|
|5||"Rodney"||George Kane||Oliver Lansley||21 March 2019||0.064 (U.S.)|
|6||"Patrick"||George Kane||Oliver Lansley||28 March 2019||0.036 (U.S.)|
On the review aggregation website Rotten Tomatoes, the series holds an approval rating of 63% with an average rating of 6.38/10, based on 16 reviews. The website's critical consensus reads, "Audiences looking for an arsenic cookie of a series may cut Flack some slack, but its cynical take on publicity is exacerbated by hyperbolically unpleasant, underdeveloped characters." Metacritic, which uses a weighted average, assigned the series a score of 57 out of 100, based on 9 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews."
- Burt, Kayti (January 30, 2019). "Flack: Anna Paquin Pop TV Series Release Date, Cast, News, and More". Den of Geek. Dennis Publishing. Retrieved February 2, 2019.
- "Anna Paquin's Flack Renewed at Pop, Sam Neill and Daniel Dae Kim Join Cast". TVLine. August 2, 2019.
- Hipes, Patrick (20 March 2018). "'Flack': Sophie Okonedo, Genevieve Angelson, More Join Anna Paquin's Pop TV Drama".
- Wiseman, Andreas (12 March 2018). "Anna Paquin, 'The Full Monty' Director Peter Cattaneo Team On PR-World Series 'Flack' For Pop TV, UKTV's W channel".
- "Flack". Pop Press. Retrieved February 2, 2019.
- "Weekly Top 15 Programmes (See relevant weeks and scroll down to UK Channel Management and W Total)". Broadcasters' Audience Research Board. Retrieved 3 March 2019.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Thursday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 2.28.2019 - Showbuzz Daily". www.showbuzzdaily.com.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Thursday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 3.7.2019 - Showbuzz Daily". www.showbuzzdaily.com.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Thursday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 3.14.2019 - Showbuzz Daily". www.showbuzzdaily.com.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Thursday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 3.21.2019 - Showbuzz Daily". www.showbuzzdaily.com.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Thursday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 3.28.2019 - Showbuzz Daily". www.showbuzzdaily.com.
- "Flack: Season 1". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango. Retrieved 18 March 2019.
- "Flack reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 18 March 2019.