Firstpost is an Indian news and media website. The site is a part of the Network 18 media conglomerate owned by Reliance Industries, which also runs CNN-News18 and CNBC-TV18.
|Parent company||Network 18|
The Network 18 group was originally owned by Raghav Bahl. In January 2012, the group received an investment from Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) through a rights issue of up to ₹2,700 crore.
In May 2013, the news group was merged with the Indian edition of Forbes whose four top editorial heads including editor in chief Indrajit Gupta were dismissed. The event led to a media furore.
As of July 2017, BV Rao is the Editor of Firstpost in Mumbai, while Sanjay Singh is the Deputy Executive Editor in Delhi and Jaideep Giridhar is the Deputy Executive Editor.
- "About Network 18". Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- "Reliance enters media by opening pursestrings for Network18". The Indian Express. 4 January 2012. Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- Menon, Meena (9 June 2013). "'Forbes India' editors sacked for demanding stock ownership". The Hindu. Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- "Why Forbes' editors in India were sacked". Rediff Business. Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- Aravind, Indulekha (16 November 2013). "No country for good journalists?". Business Standard. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "About Firstpost - Firstpost". Firstpost. Retrieved 31 August 2018.