Finders Keepers, Lovers Weepers!
Finders Keepers, Lovers Weepers! is a 1968 film by Russ Meyer. The story involves the goings-on at a topless go-go bar on the Sunset Strip. Meyer himself makes an appearance in this film. The composition Finlandia by Jean Sibelius is used in one of the film's love scenes.
|Finders Keepers, Lovers Weepers!|
Theatrical poster to Finders Keepers, Lovers Weepers! (1968)
|Directed by||Russ Meyer|
|Produced by||Eve Meyer|
|Written by||Russ Meyer (story)|
|Music by||Igo Kantor|
|Edited by||Richard S. Brummer|
|Distributed by||Eve Productions Inc.|
|May 8, 1968|
Paul, the owner of a strip club bar on the Sunset Strip in Los Angeles, is taken home after being knocked out at a brothel, whose madam sends two thieves to Paul's club to rob the place while he is unconscious.
When the star dancer at the bar quits, Paul's wife Kelly fills in for her. The bartender Ray then seduces her and takes her to his home, and the thieves Cal and Feeny begin working on cracking the safe. When Paul comes to and cannot find his wife at home, he goes to the club, where the thieves are engaged in their work.
Paul manages to kill the two robbers after Claire has been killed and Ray seriously wounded.
- Anne Chapman as Kelly
- Paul Lockwood as Paul
- Gordon Wescourt as Ray
- Duncan McLeod as Cal
- Robert Rudelson as Feeny
- Lavelle Roby as Claire
- Jan Sinclair as Christiana
- Joey Duprez as Joy
- Nick Wolcuff as Nick
- Pam Collins as Vickie Roberts
- John Furlong
The Los Angeles Times said the film was "not much different from his [Meyer's] previous efforts... Meyer has trouble keeping abreast, so to speak, of the times. This is because Meyer has such a clean mind for a man who makes dirty movies... his films seem positively healthy alongside much of the current Hollywood and European product."
- RUSS MEYER: King of the Nudies Ebert, Roger. Film Comment; New York Vol. 9, Iss. 1, (Jan/Feb 1973): 35-46.
- FINDERS KEEPERS, LOVERS WEEPERS Monthly Film Bulletin; London Vol. 48, Iss. 564, (Jan 1, 1981): 243.
- 'Finders Keepers' at Cinema Theater Thomas, Kevin. Los Angeles Times 29 Oct 1968: g9.
- Screen: By Russ Meyer By VINCENT CANBY. New York Times 6 Sep 1969: 21.
- Finders Keepers, Lovers Weepers! on IMDb
- Finders Keepers Loves Weepers at TCMDB
- Finders Keepers, Lovers Weepers! at AllMovie