|Established||1 August 2013|
Fife College was created on 1 August 2013 as a merger of Adam Smith College, Carnegie College and non land based elements of the Elmwood Campus of the rural college SRUC. When the merger was announced in March of that year the new principal was named as Hugh Logan, formerly principal of Motherwell College. Following the retirement of Hugh Logan, Hugh Hall was appointed as principal, taking office on 1 March 2017.
In March 2016, the college announced that it had secured the option to purchase land at former Hyundai site in Dunfermline. The college plans to build a new campus on the Shepherd Offshore site, which is expected to cost £90 million, around £70m of which will come from the Scottish Government. By August, a public consultation was underway.
- Built Environment
- Computing and Digital Technologies
- Creative Industries
- Culinary Arts
- Hair and Makeup
Andrew Carnegie Business School
The Andrew Carnegie Business School at Fife College provides business training from certificate to postgraduate level and also a range of CPD qualifications.
The Adam Smith Enterprise and Education Foundation
The Adam Smith Enterprise and Education Foundation, also known as the Adam Smith Foundation, is the charitable trust of Fife College. The Foundation was established in 1997 and through partnerships with businesses, charitable trusts and individual donors works to improve and aid opportunities for students studying at Fife College. The scholarship programme also provides recognition, financial rewards and work experience for students throughout Fife.
Fife College Students' Association (FCSA)
The day-to-day operation of The Association is fulfilled by the sabbatical officers, students who have finished college and work full-time for The Association.
- "Studying for your degree at Fife College".
- "Fife College Regional Outcome Agreement 2018 - 2021" (PDF).
- Howarth, Angus (1 August 2013). "Series of Scots college mergers begins". The Scotsman. Retrieved 5 August 2016.
- Alexander, Michael (19 March 2013). "Merger will create new Fife College". The Courier. Archived from the original on 15 February 2015. Retrieved 5 August 2016.
- "Warm Welcome for New Principal". Retrieved 20 May 2017.
- Robertson, Aileen (17 March 2016). "Plans to build Fife College campus at former Hyundai site in Dunfermline move up a gear". The Courier. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- Clark, Leeza (4 August 2016). "Fife College claims positive public reaction to Dunfermline campus plans". The Courier. Retrieved 5 August 2016.
- "Courses at Fife College".
- "Courses at Andrew Carnegie Business School".
- "Adam Smith Enterprise and Education Foundation profile Companies House".
- "Adam Smith Foundation".
- "Fife College Students Association".