|Population||182 (Including Blubberhouses. 2011 census)|
|OS grid reference||SE177529|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||Yorkshire and the Humber|
Fewston was an ancient parish in the Forest of Knaresborough in the West Riding of Yorkshire. It covered a wide area, and included the townships of Blubberhouses, Clifton with Norwood, Great Timble, and Thruscross. All these places became separate civil parishes in 1866. Fewston was transferred to the new county of North Yorkshire in 1974.
The poet Edward Fairfax lived at nearby New Hall, now submerged under the waters of Fewston Reservoir, as did Ferdinando Fairfax, 2nd Lord Fairfax of Cameron. Edward's daughters Elizabeth and Anne were baptised in the village church in 1606 and 1621 respectively, while Ferdinando's daughter Mary and son Charles were baptised there in 1606 and 1615.
- UK Census (2011). "Local Area Report – Fewston Parish (1170217007)". Nomis. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 11 September 2018.
- The Church of St Michael and St Lawrence, Fewston, by The Friends of Fewston Church, published 2006.
- GENUKI: extract from the National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland, 1868
- Vision of Britain website
- The History and Topology of Harrogate and Knaresborough Forest by William Grainge, 1871, reprinted 1988 by M.T.D. Rigg, Guiseley.