Fens Primary School
Fens Primary School is a mixed primary school and nursery located in the southern area of Hartlepool, County Durham, England. It is overseen by Hartlepool Local Education Authority. Around 430 children are educated in ages 3–11.
|Fens Primary School|
|Local authority||Hartlepool Borough Council|
|Department for Education URN||111600 Tables|
|Head teacher||Peter Cornforth|
|Age||3 to 11|
Following the March 2004 Ofsted inspection, the school was rated Very Good. The Ofsted report described "excellent leadership" at the school.
The school was last inspected by Ofsted in January 2008, and was awarded an overall performance rating of Grade 1 Outstanding, point one on a four point scale, with pupils making good progress in their academic skills and personal development from very low starting points in the nursery.
The headteacher, Peter Cornforth, was honoured by then Prime Minister Gordon Brown for exceptional school leadership. he is one of the National College for School Leadership's 'National Leaders of Education'.
- "Fens Primary School - Inspection Report" Archived 2009-09-04 at the Wayback Machine, Ofsted, 6 February 2008.
- "About Fens", Fens Primary School, accessed 16 September 2009.
- "School told to improve", Richard Mennear, 5 May 2008.
- "Fens Primary School - Inspection Report" Archived 2009-09-04 at the Wayback Machine, Ofsted, 10 June 2004.
- "Top marks for Primary schools", Evening Gazette, 22 March 2005.
- "School receives glowing report", Evening Gazette, 2 June 2004.
- "Salute to schools in a class of their own", Hartlepool Mail, 7 December 2006.
- "Awarded schools" Archived 2011-06-14 at the Wayback Machine, Arts Council, accessed 16 September 2009.
- "School is the tops for art", Hartlepool Mail, 16 July 2007.
- "Top awards are the fruit of kiddies' labours", Mike Blackburn, Evening Gazette, 12 June 2007.
- "Praise for Fens 'super school'", Hartlepool Mail, 28 February 2008.
- "Fens Primary School". BBC News. 1 April 2009.
- Hamilton, Sally (18 March 2008). "Golden touch lights up an old subject". The Guardian. London.
- "Headteacher's shining example of helping others", Richard Mennear, Hartlepool Mail, 7 March 2008.
- "List of National Leaders of Education" Archived 2011-10-08 at the Wayback Machine, National College for School Leadership, accessed 20 September 2009.
- "Town girl goes for Euro glory!". Hartlepool Mail. 8 September 2009. Retrieved 20 September 2009.