Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, also known as the Philadelphia Fed and the Philly Fed – headquartered at 10 N. Independence Mall West (N. 6th Street) at Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, with an additional entrance at N. 7th Street – is responsible for the Third District of the Federal Reserve, which covers eastern and central Pennsylvania, the nine southern counties of New Jersey, and Delaware. Its geographical territory is by far the smallest in the system, and its population base is the second-smallest (next to the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis). The current President of the Philadelphia Fed is Patrick T. Harker.
|Headquarters||10 Independence Mall |
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
|Established||May 18, 1914|
|President||Patrick T. Harker|
|Central bank of|
|The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia is one of 12 regional banks that make up the Federal Reserve System|
The Philadelphia Fed conducts research on both the national and regional economy. Its regional manufacturing index is the second of the regional manufacturing reports released every month (the New York Fed's Empire State Index is now released earlier), but it is still very important to the financial community as a proxy for nationwide manufacturing conditions. The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia publishes a quarterly survey of professional economic forecasters, the Survey of Professional Forecasters, also called "The Anxious Index". It is a highly predictive report on the prospects for the Economy of the United States. It also publishes a quarterly publication entitled Business Review. The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia also publishes the Livingston Survey and the Greenbook data sets.
Board of Directors
|Jon Evans||President and chief executive officer
Atlantic Community Bankers Bank
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
|David R. Hunsicker||Chairman, president and chief executive officer
New Tripoli Bank
New Tripoli, Pennsylvania
|William S. Aichele||Chairman
Univest Corporation of Pennsylvania
|Patricia Hasson||President and Executive Director
|Carol J. Johnson||Retired president and chief operating officer
AlliedBarton Security Services
|Edward J. Graham||Retired chairman and chief executive officer
South Jersey Industries - North California District
Folsom, New Jersey
|Michael J. Angelakis
|Chairman and chief executive officer
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
|Phoebe A. Haddon||Chancellor
Rutgers University - Camden
Camden, New Jersey
|President and chief executive officer
- Crutsinger, Martin (2 March 2015). "University of Delaware President Harker tapped to succeed Plosser at Philadelphia Fed". US News and World Report. Associated Press.
- "Economists’ Tea Leaves Point to Recession" article by David Leonhardt in The New York Times, February 13, 2008.
- Business Review ISSN 0007-7011
- "Directors ofFederal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia". The Federal Reserve. August 5, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.|
- The Philadelphia Fed's home page
- A map of the third district
- Public Statements of Karl Bopp, former President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
- Public Statements of David P. Eastburn, former President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia