Faustina (1995 film)
Faustina (Polish: Faustyna) is a 1995 Polish film directed by Jerzy Łukaszewicz about Blessed Sister Faustina Kowalska, a saint of the Roman Catholic Church who was canonized by Pope John Paul II in 2000 . It is the first feature film of its kind in Poland, and far from the path of modern cinema.
|Directed by||Jerzy Łukaszewicz|
|Written by||Maria Nowakowska-Majcher|
|Distributed by||Polart Distribution (United States)|
According to the DVD's marketing materials, "Dorota Segda was voted top actress of the year by film critics for her stunning portrayal of Sister Faustina."
- Dorota Segda as Sister Faustyna (Helena) Kowalska
- Mirosława Dubrawska as General Mother of the congregation
- Krzysztof Wakuliński as Priest Michał Sopoćko
- Teresa Budzisz-Krzyżanowska as Superior Mother of Monastery
- Zofia Rysiówna as Siostra Wiktoryna
- Janusz Michałowski as Malarz Eugeniusz Kazimierowski
- Agnieszka Czekańska as Sister Feliksa
- Renata Berger as Psychiatrist