Fast Life (David Murray album)
Fast Life is an album by David Murray released on the DIW/Columbia label in 1991. It features four quartet performances by Murray with John Hicks, Ray Drummond, and Idris Muhammad and two tracks with saxophonist Branford Marsalis guesting.
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||October 16–17, 1991|
|David Murray chronology|
The Allmusic review by Scott Yanow awarded the album 2 stars stating "This CD is a bit of a mixed bag. The great tenor David Murray is joined by pianist John Hicks, bassist Ray Drummond and drummer Idris Muhammad and is heard at his best on two relatively straight-ahead pieces, "Luminous" and "Off Season." But Branford Marsalis guests on two other selections, and those are much more erratic, with rambling solos by the two tenors and a lot of aimless high energy. Wrapping up this set are a calypso and the lightweight "Intuitively," making the net results less than one might hope.".
- "Crucificado" (Dave Burrell) - 10:41
- "Calle Estrella" (Wayne Francis) - 7:06
- "Fast Life" - 12:04
- "Luminous" (Elise Wood) - 10:31
- "Intuitively" (Burrell, Monika Larsson) - 8:57
- "Off Season" - 11:24
- All compositions by David Murray except as indicated
- Recorded October 16 & 17, 1991, Power Station, NYC
- Yanow, S. Allmusic Review accessed August 9, 2011