Fans of X-Rated Entertainment
Fans of X-Rated Entertainment (F.O.X.E., also known as FOXE) is a United States-based pornography fan organization founded by adult film actor, director, and critic William Margold and actress Viper. It advocates against censorship of pornography and gives annual adult film awards.
|Fans of X-Rated Entertainment|
|Date||February 14, 1990|
The annual FOXE awards ceremony presents three standard awards decided by fan vote: Male Fan Favorite, Female Fan Favorite, and Video Vixen for a new female performer. Additional special awards, including Fan of the Year are presented in some years. In the 1990s, the Fan Favorite awards were often shared but Vixen was always for one recipient. Since the 11th FOXE awards, the ceremony has included a "Broast" (a "benign roast") of a well-known performer who also receives a lifetime achievement award. Any performer winning Fan Favorite three times is "retired" with the FOXE X award, and they become ineligible for further awards. Holders of the FOXE X include Tera Patrick, Nina Hartley, Ashlyn Gere, and Jill Kelly. Ceremony attendance fees go to support anti-censorship causes, like the Protecting Adult Welfare Foundation. The FOXE award winners are decided by a vote from members of FOXE.
The first awards were presented on February 14, 1990 at the XRCO Awards ceremony:
- Male Fan Favorite: Sean Michaels & T. T. Boy
- Female Fan Favorite: Jenna Jameson, Stacy Valentine, Tiffany Mynx & Stephanie Swift
Special awards were the "Lady Liberty" award for free speech activist Mara Epstein, the "Friend of F.O.X.E." award for Kitty Foxx, and the "Fan of the Year" for Jay Holnar
Held on July 8, 2001 at the Mayan Theater with the Mistress of Ceremonies being Christi Lake:
The 13th awards presentation was held June 17, 2004, in Inglewood, California. Seka was the guest of honor, and Broast subject. Teri Weigel was Mistress of Ceremonies. Tera Patrick won Female Fan Favorite, Mary Carey won the FOXE Vixen award, and Lexington Steele won Male Fan Favorite.
The 14th F.O.X.E. Awards were held on Sunday, February 20, 2005 at the Mayflower Ballroom in Inglewood, California:
The 15th award ceremonies were held on Sunday, February 19, 2006:
- "Dieter Gone Wild", Harmon Leon, January 11, 2006, from SF Weekly
- Bill Margold; John B. (2004). "GOD CREATED MAN, WILLIAM MARGOLD CREATED HIMSELF: AN INTERVIEW WITH THE RENAISSANCE MAN OF PORN" (Interview). Interviewed by Ian Jane. Sherman Oaks, CA: dvdmaniacs.net. Archived from the original on 10 June 2007.
- "Fans of X-Rated Entertainment (F.O.X.E.) Awards", 2008 Adam Film World Guide Directory, pg. 304
- William Margold - Founder of FOXE Archived 2007-01-14 at the Wayback Machine from Official Site
- "F.O.X.E. 14: All Thrills, No Frills", By Matt O'Conner, February 15, 2005, Retrieved 19 April 2007
- William Margold, "Cinema Seen", December 30, 2010
- "Fans Flock to F.O.X.E. Awards", by Roy Sims, 2005-02-21, Retrieved 19 April 2007, Archived at: Archived March 28, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- "Additional FOXE Award Winners Announced", by Thomas J. Stanton, 2006-02-14, Retrieved 19 April 2007
- "Tera Wins FOXE X" February 21, 2006, Retrieved 19 April 2007
- Wayne Hentai. "Marcus, Stone, Patrick, Kelly and Lake Are FOXE Favorites". AVN. Archived from the original on December 22, 2002. Retrieved 2014-08-24.
- "Adult Video Awards - The FANS OF X-RATED ENTERTAINMENT", Retrieved 19 April 2007, Archived at: Archived June 24, 2006, at the Wayback Machine
- Johnny 'The Iceman' Steele, "X-Critics Tap Tops In Torrid Tapes", Erotic X-Film Guide, August 1990, pp. 17–20
- "Alex Jordan" Archived 2007-04-17 at the Wayback Machine, Luke Ford, Retrieved 19 April 2007
- "Randy West - Adult Film & Video Actor" Archived 2014-02-22 at the Wayback Machine, Retrieved 19 April 2007
- "Canada's Best Adult Entertainment Super Site - Adult Video Awards". canbest.com. Archived from the original on 14 October 2007. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "XXXNikkiDial: About Nikki", Retrieved 19 April 2007, Archived at: Archived 20 February 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- "Kylie Ireland: About Me" Archived 2007-04-14 at the Wayback Machine Official Site, Retrieved 19 April 2007
- "Jenna Jameson Interview", Retrieved 19 April 2007
- "Adventures in LA LA Land", by Darklady, XMag, March 1998, Retrieved 19 April 2007
- Heidi Pike-Johnson (2001-07-09). "Kelly, Kerkove, Marcus, Others Win FOXE Awards". AVN. Archived from the original on February 15, 2002. Retrieved 2014-08-24.
- "Fans of X-Rated Entertainment Honors Favorite Performers". AVN. 2003-06-22. Retrieved 2014-08-24.
- "FOXE Awards & Seka Broast", by Steve Nelson, June 22, 2004, Adult Industry News. Retrieved 19 April 2007.
- "FOXE Awards Set for Feb. 19", by Thomas J. Stanton, 2006-02-08, Retrieved 19 April 2007
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to FOXE Awards.|
- "Canada's Best Adult Entertainment Super Site - Listing of 1990-99 "FANS OF X-RATED ENTERTAINMENT" Award winners". canbest.com. Archived from the original on 14 October 2007.
- Archived AVN article: "FOXE Awards Showcase Porn’s Past and Future", February 20, 2006