Famous Jury Trials
Famous Jury Trials is a dramatized court show that first appeared on radio, followed by television, and then in the movies. The series enjoyed a long, successful run in radio programming from 1936 through 1949, then on television from 1949 through 1952, and finally in a movie in 1971. On television, it aired on the now-defunct DuMont Television Network.
- For the precursor radio program version, see Famous Jury Trials (radio program)
|Famous Jury Trials|
|Country of origin|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original release||October 12, 1949 –|
March 12, 1952
Famous Jury Trials first aired on October 12, 1949, on DuMont, and was a live dramatized court show with each episode lasting 30 minutes. During the first season, the show aired Wednesdays at 9:30pm EST. During later seasons, the show aired Wednesdays at 9pm EST. The final show aired March 12, 1952.
No episodes are confirmed to survive, however an episode may possibly exist at the Paley Center for Media.
- Grace, Roger M. "TV, Radio Feature Reenactments Of Trials--Even a Pre-Enactment". www.metnews.com. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- Chun, Wendy Hui Kyong; Keenan, Thomas (2004-06-01). New Media, Old Media: A History and Theory Reader. Taylor & Francis. ISBN 9780203643839.
- http://tarlton.law.utexas.edu/exhibits/mason_&_associates/documents/reality_series_by_title.pdf Archived 2014-01-16 at the Wayback Machine
- Famous Jury Trials, 1949-10-12, retrieved 2016-06-01
- "DuMont Television Network | Historical Web Site". www.dumonthistory.tv. Archived from the original on 2009-02-16. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- "The Paley Center for Media". The Paley Center for Media. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1