Coat of arms
Location in the municipality of Kerkrade
|Coordinates: 50°54′N 6°3′E|
It has two former coal mines, Laura and Julia, which were named after the wives of the two owners. Both pits closed in 1974. The local soccer club is also named after the former coal mines.
Eygelshoven has a small former church from the sixteenth century, which stands on top of a hill. In 1922, another church was built. Architect Alphons Boosten designed the new church. Plans to demolish the old church were abandoned in favour of a new use as a chapel and because of its historical worth.
A third Roman Catholic church was built in 1957, the Pastoor van Arskerk, which was torn down in 1994 when it became redundant.
- Ad van der Meer and Onno Boonstra, Repertorium van Nederlandse gemeenten, KNAW, 2006.
- Startpagina voor Eygelshoven
- J. Kuyper, Gemeente Atlas van Nederland, 1865-1870, "Eygelshoven". Map of the former municipality, around 1868.