Eyeball (Italian: Gatti rossi in un labirinto di vetro, lit. 'Red Cats in a Glass Maze') is a 1975 Italian giallo slasher film written and directed by Umberto Lenzi.
|Directed by||Umberto Lenzi|
|Music by||Bruno Nicolai|
|Edited by||Amedeo Moriani|
|Distributed by||Indipendenti Regionali|
A maniac killer in red cape and hood is killing off American tourists on a tour bus by gouging out their eyeballs.
- Martine Brochard as Paulette Stone
- John Richardson as Mark Burton
- Ines Pellegrini as Naiba Levin
- Mirta Miller as Lisa Sanders
- Daniele Vargas as Robby Alvarado
- Andrés Mejuto as Inspector Tudela
- George Rigaud as Bronson
- Silvia Solar as Gail Alvarado
- Raf Baldassarre as Martinez
- José María Blanco as Inspector Lara
- Marta May as Alma Burton
- John Bartha as Mr. Hamilton
- Olga Pehar as Mrs. Randall
- Verónica Miriel as Jenny Hamilton
- Olga Montes as Peggy Randall
- Richard Kolin as Mr. Randall
- Rina Mascetti as Hospital Nurse
- Fulvio Mingozzi as Policeman
- Vittorio Fanfoni
- Francesco Narducci as Receptionist at Hotel Presidente
- Tom Felleghy as Coroner
- Lorenzo Piani
- Nestore Cavaricci as Policeman
- Carolyn De Fonseca as Gail Alvarado (voice)
- Laura Trotter as Murder Victim at Castle
In his analysis of the film, author Louis Paul described the film as "entertaining" and "enjoyable". The Terror Trap gave the film 3/4 stars, calling it "[a] Completely enjoyable giallo from Umberto Lenzi". The reviewer also commended the film's score, "bizarro plot", cast, and death sequences. Justin Kerswell from Hysteria Lives! awarded the film 3/5 stars, stating that the film was director Lenzi's least accomplished giallo, but a'so stated that it was "a thoroughly entertaining 90 minutes of slasher trash". Dan Budnik from The Bleeding Skull! called the film "a mighty entertaining giallo", and commended the film's atmosphere, pacing, and odd characters.
TV Guide hated the film, calling it "worthless", and criticized the film's gimmicky villain.
- Louis Paul (1 August 2013). Italian Horror Film Directors. McFarland. ISBN 978-0-7864-8749-3.
- "Gatti rossi in un labirinto di vetro (1974)". Archviodelcinemaitaliano.it. Retrieved 8 October 2018.
- Paul 2013, pp. 154.
- "Amazon.com: Eyeball: Gatti Rossi in un Labirinto di Vetro: John Richardson, Martine Brochard, Umberto Lenzi, Ines Pellegrini, Andres Mejuto, Mirta Miller, Daniele Vargas: Movies & TV". Amazon.com. Amazon. Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- Coffel, Chris. "88 Films Set to Release Mega-Edition of Umberto Lenzi's 'Eyeball!' - Bloody Disgusting". Bloody Disgusting.com. Chris Coffel. Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- Paul 2013, pp. 147.
- "Eyeball (1974)". Terror Trap.com. The Terror Trap. Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- Kerswell, Justin. "EYEBALL". Hysteria Lives.co.uk. Justin Kerswell. Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- Budnik, Dan. "Eyeball (1975)". Bleeding Skull.com. Dan Budnik. Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- "Eyeball - Movie Reviews and Movie Ratings". TV Guide.com. TV Guide. Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- Eyeball at AllMovie
- Eyeball on IMDb
- Eyeball at Rotten Tomatoes
- Eyeball at the TCM Movie Database