Eye Care Foundation
|Type||International non-governmental organization|
ECF was founded when Eyecare Worldwide and Mekong Eye Doctors joined forces in 2008. The two organizations shared the same objectives and working together as the current foundation has proved to be more efficient and effective.
Eyecare Worldwide (1984) was founded by a Dutch ophthalmologist who was moved by the plight of the high number of people who suffered from blindness that could be cured or even prevented. Mekong Eye Doctors (1993) was founded by a Dutch biochemist after he had been in Thailand to conduct eye research.
- Bjorn Stenvers Financieel Dagblad. FD.nl. Retrieved on 29 June 2018.
- Björn Stenvers appointed as Eye Care Foundation’s CEO. iapb.org. Retrieved on 4 July 2018.
- Eye doctors with old training may miss glaucoma IndiaTimes.com (5 Feb 2018). Retrieved on 05 May 2018.
- Africa’s first Rotary Eye Hospital nearing completion in Lagos The Guardian.ng (6 Sept 2017). Retrieved on 04 May 2018.
- 8-month old, aged, regain sight VanGuardngr.com (18 April 2018). Retrieved on 05 May 2018.
- Instellingen ooghulp slaan handen ineen Volkskrant.nl (25 July 2008). Retrieved on 05 May 2018.
- Standard Chartered expands eye care programme to additional 2.2 million people in Vietnam StandardChartered, Sc.com (22 January 2016). Retrieved on 05 May 2018.
- Local Lions Club learns about Eye Care Foundation Northwest Signal.net (4 May 2018). Retrieved on 04 May 2018.