The Expedition League is a collegiate summer baseball league in the Great Plains region of the United States and Canada. The league was founded in May 2017 in Rapid City, South Dakota, by businessman Steve Wagner, who also serves as president. The league featured eight teams and its inaugural season that began on May 2018. It added the Wheat City Whiskey Jacks and the Fremont Moo for the 2019 season It currently has 10 teams as of the 2019 season.
|President||Steve Wagner (2017–present)|
|Motto||Where Tomorrow's Stars Play...Today|
|No. of teams||10|
|Headquarters||Rapid City, South Dakota, United States|
|Badlands Big Sticks|
|Official website||Expedition League|
The Rapid City Jackalopes are set to join the Expedition League in 2020. The Hub City Hotshots have suspended operations for the 2020 season and the city of Aberdeen, South Dakota has terminated the contract for use of Fossum Field.
|Division||Team||Location||Stadium||Capacity||Head coach||General manager||Website||Inaugural season||Team owner|
|Badlands Big Sticks||Dickinson, North Dakota||Astoria Field||840||Hayden Pewitt||Jason Watson||Badlands Big Sticks||2018|
|Hub City Hotshots||Aberdeen, South Dakota||Fossum Field||2,500||Jacob Jarreau||Jon Hoffman||Hub City Hotshots||2018||Steve Wagner, Connie Wagner|
|Pierre Trappers||Pierre, South Dakota||Hyde Stadium||1,250||Tanner Neale||Jackson Bruce||Pierre Trappers||2018||Steve Wagner, Connie Wagner|
|Souris Valley Sabre Dogs||Minot, North Dakota||Corbett Field||2,000||Corey Thompson||Darrell Handelsman||Souris Valley Sabre Dogs||2018|
|Wheat City Whiskey Jacks||Brandon, Manitoba||Andrews Field||3,326||Walker Bullington||Ray Walker||Wheat City Whiskeyjacks||2019|
|Casper Horseheads||Casper, Wyoming||Mike Lansing Field||2,500||Scott Stover||Chuck Heeman||Casper Horseheads||2018||Chuck Heeman, Mayra Heeman|
|Fremont Moo||Fremont, Nebraska||Moller Field||Shea Bennett||Chris Carlsen||Fremont Moo||2019|
|Hastings Sodbusters||Hastings, Nebraska||Duncan Field||1,300||Bryan Frew||Bryan Frew||Hastings Sodbusters||2018||Bryan Frew|
|Spearfish Sasquatch||Spearfish, South Dakota||Black Hills Energy Stadium||754||Ryan Wright||Spearfish Sasquatch||2018|
|Western Nebraska Pioneers||Gering, Nebraska||Oregon Trail Park Stadium||1,250||Jimmy Turk||Chuck Heeman||Western Nebraska Pioneers||2018||Chuck Heeman, Mayra Heeman|
Possible future teams
|Location||Stadium||Capacity||Possible start date|
|Grand Forks, North Dakota||2020|
|Rapid City, South Dakota||2020|
|Williston, North Dakota||2020|
|Vice president of operations||Vacant|
- Spedden, Zach (May 30, 2017). "Expedition League to Launch in 2018". Ballpark Digest. Retrieved September 22, 2017.
- Bergson, Perry (Oct 3, 2018). "Expedition League bringing team to Brandon". Brandon Sun. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- Staff, Journal (May 15, 2019). "Jackalopes coming to Rapid City, Expedition League in 2020". Rapid City Journal. Retrieved October 2, 2019.
- Sand, Elisa (September 5, 2019). "Hotshots suspend 2020 season, city terminates Fossum Field contract". AberdeenNews.com. Retrieved October 2, 2019.
- Sayler, Bruce (January 17, 2018). "Collegians might be on deck at 3 Legends". Butte Sports. Butte, Montana: Butte Broadcasting, Inc. Retrieved December 28, 2018.