Expedition 60 was the 60th Expedition to the International Space Station, which began on 24 June 2019 with the departure of the Soyuz MS-11 spacecraft. The expedition was commanded by Aleksey Ovchinin, who transferred from Expedition 59 together with American flight engineers Nick Hague and Christina Koch. They were joined by Aleksandr Skvortsov, Luca Parmitano and Andrew Morgan, who arrived on Soyuz MS-13 on 20 July 2019. The expedition ended on 3 October 2019, when Soyuz MS-12 (carrying Ovchinin, Hague, and spaceflight participant Hazza Al Mansouri) undocked from the station and Koch, Skvortsov, Parmitano and Morgan transferred to Expedition 61.
|Mission duration||100d 8h 12m|
|Space Station||International Space Station|
|Began||24 June 2019 23:25 UTC|
|Ended||3 October 2019 07:37 UTC|
|Arrived aboard||Soyuz MS-12 |
|Departed aboard||Soyuz MS-12 |
Clockwise from top right: Nick Hague of NASA and Luca Parmitano of ESA (European Space Agency), Roscosmos cosmonaut Alexander Skvortsov, NASA astronauts Drew Morgan and Christina Koch and Roscosmos cosmonaut Alexey Ovchinin.
During this expedition' final days, the station residents totaled 9 individuals temporarily upon the arrival of Soyuz MS-15, where for the first time since the departure of Soyuz TMA-16M in September 2015 the ISS crew exceeded the standard six.
|Position||June-July 2019||July-October 2019|
|Flight Engineer 1|
|Flight Engineer 2|
|Flight Engineer 3|
|Flight Engineer 4|
|Flight Engineer 5|
- ISS: Expedition 60
- "NASA Astronaut Anne McClain, Crewmates Return from Space Station Mission". NASA. 24 June 2019.
- "Multinational Trio Undocks from Station, Heads Home to Earth". NASA. 3 October 2019.
- "NASA Astronaut Nick Hague Set for New Space Station Mission After Abort". NASA. Retrieved 4 December 2018.
- Evans, Ben (14 March 2019). "New Crew Launched Aboard Soyuz MS-12, En-Route to Space Station". AmericaSpace.
When Kononenko, Saint-Jacques and McClain return to Earth in late June, Ovchinin will take command of the space station, leading Expedition 60, and his crew will be increased to six-person strength in early July when Soyuz MS-13 and Skvortsov, Parmitano and Morgan arrive.
- Gebhardt, Chris (14 March 2019). "Soyuz MS-12 docks with the Space Station – NASASpaceFlight.com". NASASpaceflight.com.