Excursions is an American independent film directed by Daniel Martinico. The film follows two couples who retreat to a remote cabin in the woods for mysterious purposes. It was written by Martinico and Hugo Armstrong, who collaborated previously on the 2012 film OK, Good.
|Directed by||Daniel Martinico|
|Written by||Hugo Armstrong|
Excursions premiered in the Beyond program at the 2016 Slamdance Film Festival, and subsequently screened at the Chicago Underground Film Festival and New Orleans Film Festival, among others. The film was presented by Slamdance Cinema Club and ArcLight Cinemas as part of the ArcLight Presents screening series in Hollywood and Chicago in July 2016. It was named one of the 10 best undistributed films of 2016 by The Film Stage.
- Ben Umstead, "Excursions: The Best Worst Trip" Archived 2016-04-01 at the Wayback Machine, Twitchfilm, January 27, 2016.
- Don Simpson, "Excursions: Slamdance Review", Smells Like Screen Spirit, January 28, 2016.
- Zack Sharf, "Slamdance 2016 Reveals Special Screenings, Beyond Features and Short Film Competitions", IndieWire, December 8, 2016.
- IFP Chicago, "The Chicago Underground Film Festival Announces Complete Lineup for 23rd edition", May 8, 2016.
- Gregg Kilday, "ArcLight and Slamdance Extend Cinema Club Program", The Hollywood Reporter, June 8, 2016.
- CJ Prince, "The Best Undistributed Films of 2016", The Film Stage, December 28, 2016.