Excelia Group is a French university-level institution of higher education. Created in 1988 as Groupe Sup de Co La Rochelle, it is a non-profit organisation linked to the La Rochelle Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCI) and a member of the network of French Grandes Ecoles..
ex. Groupe Sup de Co La Rochelle
|Budget||30 million Euros|
|Affiliations||AACSB accredited; EFMD-EPAS accredited; Conférence des Grandes Écoles|
The Group's La Rochelle Business School holds the prestigious AACSB accreditation as of 2013 and may consequently be counted among the top 5% business schools worldwide.
The main campus of Excelia Group is in La Rochelle. Further campuses are located in Tours, Poitiers, Orléans, and Niort, to which add associate campuses in New York and Beijing as well as overseas offices in locations such as Casablanca, Dakar, or Moscow. Excelia has partnerships or arrangements with more than 170 universities around the world.
Founded in 1988, the then Groupe Sup de Co La Rochelle has been a permanent member of the Conférence des Grandes Écoles since 2005.
- Excelia La Rochelle Business School
- Excelia La Rochelle Tourism and Hospitality School
- Excelia La Rochelle Digital School
- Excelia La Rochelle Academy
- Excelia La Rochelle Executive Education
Excelia Group is accredited by The French Ministry of Education (French: Le Ministère de L'éducation Nationale).
Excelia Group La Rochelle Tourism and Hospitality School holds the TedQual accreditation, delivered by the World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO), for all its programs in Tourism Management. The school is the first and only French institution of higher education to obtain TedQual accreditation for both Bachelor and MBA programs.
Excelia Group La Rochelle Business School entered the Financial Times Ranking of European Business Schools at rank 76 in 2014 and climbed to rank 71 in 2015. Its Master in Management is ranked 48th among all European Business Schools in 2015. but dropped to 81 in 2017. In the FT 2017 ranking, LRBS ranks 5th out of 95 business schools in international course experience but 75 overall.
In the Le Point ranking 2018, La Rochelle Business School's Master of Management ranked 19th of 38 business schools eligible for ranking. In the Challenges Classement de Grandes Écoles de Commerce 2016 and the L'Étudiant Palmares 2017, the school ranked 18th and 20th within similar populations.
La Rochelle Business School
Master Program (Programme Grande Ecole)
- Bachelor in International Business: 4-year program after French Baccalaureate or International Baccalaureate, including 2 years of studies abroad with possibility of double degrees (English and French tracks are available).
- Bachelor Business : 3-year general business program after French Baccalaureate or International Baccalaureate, giving access to a various list of positions in French or foreign companies (taught in French, no English track).
- Bachelor in Management of Tourism : 3-year specialised program in tourism after French Baccalaureate or International Baccalaureate, very popular for lots of major tourism companies (English and French tracks are available).
- The School also offers since 1999 two ranges of MBA Programs :
- Environment and Sustainable Development Strategy
- Internationalisation and Audit/Consulting
- Bank and Customer Relationship Management
- Premium and Luxury Products Marketing
- International Corporate Strategy
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
- Event Management Organisation
- Applied Industrial Management
La Rochelle Tourism and Hospitality School
MBA Tourism and Services
- Touristic Destination Management
- Hospitality Management
- Sport Management
La Rochelle Digital School
BA in Web Design and Graphic Communication
MSc in Digital Communications and Influence Strategy
Partner Universities (Selection)
- Alpen-Adria University Klagenfurt, Austria
- Northern Arizona University, USA
- University of Economics in Prague, Czech Republic
- University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
- University of Bamberg, Germany
- Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece
- National University of Ireland, Ireland
- University of Limerick, Ireland
- LUISS Business School, Italy
- Oxford Brookes University, UK
- Gdansk University of Technology, Poland
- Warsaw School of Tourism and Hospitality Management, Poland
- Lomonosov State University Moscow, Russia
- University of Granada, Spain
- Linnaeus University, Sweden
- Plymouth University, UK
- Beihang University, China (partner campus)
- Newcastle University, UK
The student alumni network consists of more than 12,000 professionals currently working in more than 70 countries around the world.
- "ESC La Rochelle Passerelle". passerelle-esc.com. Archived from the original on 2016-07-24. Retrieved 2014-11-20.
- "Excelia Groupe". https://www.excelia-group.com/. External link in
- "Informations sur ESC La Rochelle". classementgrandesecoles.com.
- Article on Excelia Group's new corporate identity and locations (in French language)
- Map of Excelia Group's campuses and offices (in French language)
- "FNEGE website". fnege.com. Archived from the original on 2016-09-14. Retrieved 2016-09-07.
- Overview of Excelia Group's schools
- "La Rochelle Business School Accreditations" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-09-19. Retrieved 2016-07-22.
- "La Rochelle Business School Accreditations". Archived from the original on 2016-07-19. Retrieved 2016-07-22.
- FT Ranking 2017