EVRAZ plc (Russian: ЕВРАЗ) is a multinational vertically integrated steel making and mining company with headquarters in London, United Kingdom. It has operations mainly in Russia, but also in Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Italy, Czech Republic, the United States, Canada and South Africa. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. As of 2015, the ultimate beneficial owners were Roman Abramovich (31.03%), chairman Alexander Abramov (21.59%) and CEO Aleksandr Frolov (10.78%).
|Public limited company|
|Traded as||LSE: EVR|
FTSE 100 Index component
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Alexander Abramov (Chairman)|
Aleksandr Frolov (CEO)
|Revenue||US$12.836 billion (2018)|
|US$3.528 billion (2018)|
|US$2.470 billion (2018)|
|Owner||Roman Abramovich (30.5%)|
Number of employees
The company was founded as a small metal trading business in 1992. On 2 June 2005 Evraz Group floated some 8.3 percent of its shares in the form of GDR in London. The company was priced at $14.50 per GDR implying an equity value of $5.15 billion. An additional 6% stake was placed in January 2006, resulting in a total free-float of 14.3%.
The company acquired Claymont Steel from H.I.G. Capital in 2008 for US$564.8 million. The mill was closed in December 2013.
Evraz is a vertically integrated holding with high self-sufficiency in iron ore and excess coking coal production, which enables the company to be one of the largest participants on the domestic coking coal market through its affiliates. EVRAZ also controls some metal trading and logistic assets. The business structure is as follows:
- Nizhny Tagil Iron and Steel Plant - NTMK - in Nizhny Tagil; major steel and vanadium slag producer
- Novokuznetsk Iron and Steel Plant - NKMK in Novokuznetsk; major steel producer; leading in railway steel (merged with EVRAZ ZSMK)
- Palini e Bertoli in Italy's Udine Province; rolling mill/steel plate products, in association with Clama Srl
- Strategic Minerals Corporation - Stratcor in the United States; vanadium, tungsten, alloys; facilities in Arkansas, Pennsylvania, Brits, North West in South Africa; headquartered in Danbury, Connecticut
- EVRAZ Consolidated West-Siberian Metallurgical Plant (EVRAZ ZSMK) large steel producer in Siberia; merged with EVRAZ NKMK in 2011 (http://www.mbdatabase.com/Basic-Information/EVRAZ-ZSMK-Consolidated-West-Siberian-Metallurgical-Plant/20264/1)
- EVRAZ North America leading steel manufacturer built on the pedigree of successful steel companies – formerly known as Oregon Steel Mills, Rocky Mountain Steel and IPSCO. The company is headquartered in Chicago, Ill., and its six manufacturing facilities are located in Portland, Oregon; Regina, Saskatchewan; Pueblo, Colorado; Calgary, Camrose and Red Deer, Alberta.
- Evrazruda mining and enrichment facilities in Kemerovo Oblast
- In the Kemerovo Oblast: Tashtagol Mine, Kaz Mine, Sheregesh Mine, Gurev Mine, Abagur Sinter and Enrichment Plant
- Kachkanarsky Ore Mining and Processing Enterprise - Vanady - KGOK pit mining in Sverdlovsk region;
- Sukha Balka Mines, Kryvyi Rih, Ukraine.
- EVRAZ Highveld Steel and Vanadium Corporation Ltd. in South Africa
- EVRAZ Vanady Tula
- EVRAZ Nikom
- EVRAZ Stratcor
Sales and logistics
- Metallenergofinance MEF, supplying electricity and heat for Evraz facilities
- Nakhodka Commercial Sea Port in the Russian Far East, handling most of Evraz' exports
- Trading House EvrazHolding/TH EvrazHolding working in domestic sales
- Trading House EvrazResource/TH EvrazResource working in domestic sales
The company's interests in the majority of its subsidiaries are held indirectly through its ownership of Mastercroft. In June 2006, Evraz Group announced a transaction that resulted in the transfer to Greenlease International Holding of a 50% interest in Lanebrook Ltd., an entity controlled by the principal shareholders of Evraz Group. As of April 2015 Lanebrook Ltd. held 63.70% of the company's shares, with the ultimate beneficial owners being Roman Abramovich (31.03%), chairman Alexander Abramov (21.59%) and CEO Aleksandr Frolov (10.78%).
- "Annual Results 2018" (PDF). Evraz. Retrieved 3 March 2019.
- "Share information 20 April 2015". Evraz. Archived from the original on 15 October 2018. Retrieved 2015-03-17.
- "About us". Evraz. Retrieved 3 March 2019.
- "History of the Evraz Group". steelonthenet.com. Retrieved 28 March 2015.
- EVRAZ Raises $422M in soft London IPO Archived 2013-07-01 at the Wayback Machine St Petersburg Times, 3 June 2005
- "Russian and Kazakh firms set for relegation from FTSE 100". City AM. 29 May 2013. Archived from the original on 25 September 2018. Retrieved 28 March 2015.
- Sandle, Paul (2007-12-10). "Evraz Group agrees to buy Claymont Steel for about 564.8 mln usd cash". AFX News Limited. Thomson Financial News.
- "Evraz Claymont Steel shutting down". Gannett. 14 October 2013.
- Our business Archived 2011-12-05 at the Wayback Machine Evraz