Eva Pebay-Peyroula studied at the Lycée Stendhal in Grenoble where she started to take an interest in science. She then enrolled in the preparatory classes for the "Grandes Écoles". She became interested in meteorology and enrolled in a school to study this field. She reoriented herself towards physics at the University of Grenoble-Alpes where she completed a master's degree. In 1979, she obtained her agrégation in physics. She taught for two years at a high school in Nimes. She completed a "Diplome d'études approfondies" (DEA) on the interaction between radiation and matter and decided to turn to research. She did her doctoral research in atomic physics at the Laboratoire national des champs magnétiques intense under the direction of Rémy Jost. In 1986, she defended her doctoral thesis on ethanedial at Joseph-Fourier University.
After her thesis, she obtained a position as a research fellow at the CNRS at the Laue-Langevin Institute. In 1989, she was appointed lecturer at Joseph-Fourier University. In 1992, she joined the Institute of Structural Biology. In 1994 she obtained a university degree and became a professor in 1995 at the University of Grenoble-Alpes. In 2001, she created the membrane protein laboratory at the Institute of Structural Biology. From 2004 to 2014, she was director of this institute. In May 2010, she was appointed chairman of the board of directors of the National Research Agency (ANR). She held this position until 2012. She has been a member of the Strategic Research Council since 2014.
Positions and awards
- 1994 to 1999: junior member of the Institut universitaire de France
- 30 November 2004: election to the French Academy of Sciences
- 2005: CNRS silver medal
- 2006: Senior member of the Institut universitaire de France
- 2007: Chevalier of the Ordre national de la Légion d'Honneur National Order of the Legion of Honour
- 2016: Officer of the Ordre national de la Légion d'Honneur
- "médaille d'argent 2005 (p.33)" (PDF). French National Centre for Scientific Research (in French). December 2005. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- "Eva Pebay-Peroula : un parcours original, de la physique atomique à la biologie structurale" (PDF). Reflets de la physique (in French). 23 December 2016. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- "Prof. Dr. Eva Pebay-Peyroula". Academia (in French). December 2005. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- "Nominations du mois". La Recherche (in French). juillet-août 2010. Retrieved 10 March 2019. Check date values in:
- "Eva Pebay-Peyroula à la tête de l'Agence de la recherche (ANR)". IBS (in French). 2010. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- « Décret du 3 février 2014 portant nomination au Conseil stratégique de la recherche », JORF No. 30 du 5 février 2014, p. Missing parameter/s! (Template:P.)2100, texte No. 41, NOR ESRR1330003D
- "C.V. de Eva Pebay-Peyroula - Membre de l'Académie des sciences" (PDF). Académie des Sciences (in French). 17 May 2010. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- "Eva Pebay-Peyroula". Académie des Sciences (in French). Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- "Eva Pebay-Peyroula reçoit la médaille d'argent du CNRS" (PDF). CNRS (in French). 2 June 2006. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- "Décret du 25 mars 2016 portant promotion et nomination" (in French). 27 March 2016. Retrieved 10 March 2019.