European Union Capacity Building Mission in Niger
- Support Niger's "Strategy for Security and Development";
- Encourage regional and international coordination in the Sahel against terrorism and organised crime;
- Reinforce the rule of law, and train local officials and police (Police Nationale, Gendarmerie, Garde Nationale).
- "Political and Security Committee Decision EUCAP SAHEL Niger/1/2012 of 17 July 2012 on the appointment of the Head of Mission of the European Union CSDP Mission in Niger (EUCAP SAHEL Niger)". Euroalert.net. Retrieved 12 February 2013.
- "HISTORIQUE DE L'OPÉRATION EUCAP SAHEL NIGER" (in French). 17 October 2012. Retrieved 12 February 2013.
- "POLITICAL AND SECURITY COMMITTEE DECISION EUCAP SAHEL NIGER/1/2012". Official Journal of the European Union. 27 July 2012. Retrieved 12 February 2013.
- "EUCAP Sahel Niger". EEAS. Retrieved 12 February 2013.
- "Africa in Focus: Three New Civilian CSDP-Missions" (PDF). ZIF. 9 August 2012. Retrieved 12 February 2013.