Eurajoki (Swedish: Euraåminne) is a municipality of Finland located in the region of Satakunta in the province of Western Finland. The municipality has a population of 9,452 (31 January 2019) and covers an area of 1,504.96 square kilometres (581.07 sq mi) of which 298.39 km2 (115.21 sq mi) is water. The population density is 27.37 inhabitants per square kilometre (70.9/sq mi).
Coat of arms
Location of Eurajoki in Finland
|Coordinates: 61°12′N 021°44′E|
|• Municipality manager||Harri Hiitiö|
|• Total||1,504.96 km2 (581.07 sq mi)|
|• Land||345.39 km2 (133.36 sq mi)|
|• Water||298.39 km2 (115.21 sq mi)|
|Area rank||223rd largest in Finland|
|• Rank||158th largest in Finland|
|• Density||27.37/km2 (70.9/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||99% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||18.3%|
|• 15 to 64||63.9%|
|• 65 or older||17.8%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||18%|
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
Results of the 2011 Finnish parliamentary election in Eurajoki:
- Ernesti Rikhard Rainesalo, senator
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Suomen virallinen tilasto (SVT): Väestön ennakkotilasto [verkkojulkaisu]. Tammikuu 2019" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Municipality of Eurajoki – Official website