Life and work
Trubowitz, who was born in 1951, received his doctorate in 1977 under the supervision of Henry McKean at New York University, with thesis titled The inverse problem for periodic potentials. Since 1983, he is a full professor of mathematics at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich. As of 2016, he has retired from his position at ETH.
Trubowitz studies scattering theory (some with Percy Deift, and inverse scattering theory), integrable systems and their connection to algebraic geometry, mathematical theory of Fermi liquids in the statistical mechanics.
- with Percy Deift: Inverse scattering on the line, Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol.32, 1979, pp. 121–251 doi:10.1002/cpa.3160320202
- with Joel Feldman, Horst Knörrer: Riemann Surfaces of Infinite Genus, AMS (American Mathematical Society) 2003
- with Feldman, Knörrer: Fermionic functional integrals and the renormalization group, AMS 2002
- with D. Gieseker, Knörrer: Geometry of algebraic Fermi curves, Academic Press 1992
- with Jürgen Pöschel: Inverse spectral theory, Academic Press 1987
- NYU Abu Dhabi Faculty
- McKean, Henry P. (2004). "Book Review: Riemann surfaces of infinite genus by J. Feldman, H. Knörrer, and E. Trubowitz". Bulletin of the American Mathematical Society. 42 (01): 79–88. doi:10.1090/S0273-0979-04-01030-4. ISSN 0273-0979.
- Salmhofer, Manfred (2004). "Review of Fermionic functional integrals and the renormalization group by J. Feldman, H. Knörrer, and E. Trubowitz" (PDF). EMIS Electronic Library of Mathematics.
- Peters, Chris (1994). "Book Review: The geometry of algebraic Fermi curves by H. Knörrer, D. Gieseker, and E. Trubowitz". Bulletin of the American Mathematical Society. 31 (1): 94–98. doi:10.1090/S0273-0979-1994-00483-5. ISSN 0273-0979.
- Sachs, Robert L. (1988). "Book Review: Inverse spectral theory by J. Pöschel and E. Trubowitz". Bulletin of the American Mathematical Society. 19 (1): 362–367. doi:10.1090/S0273-0979-1988-15676-5. ISSN 0273-0979.
The original article was a translation of the corresponding German article.