Eton Wick F.C.
|Full name||Eton Wick Football Club|
|League||East Berkshire League Division Two|
|2018–19||East Berkshire League Division Two, 4th of 11|
The club was formed in 1881 as Eton Wick. Eton Wick originally played at Dorney Common, moving to their present ground in 1904. The club at the end of the 1952–53 season were promoted to the Windsor, Slough and District League First Division, and became winners of the Slough Premier Cup. The 1954–55 season saw the club in the premier division and they went on to stay in that division for 37 Seasons, winning the league in the 1974–75 and 1986–87 seasons.
In 1991 they joined the Chiltonian League Division One and reached the 2nd round of the FA Vase in the 1994–95 season. Two seasons later the club then joined the Combined Counties league, but only stayed for 3 seasons, before moving back to the Chiltonian League. The club then played in the Hellenic Football League in Division One, at the start of the 2000–01 season, winning the division once in the 2004–05 season. The club then decided to take a step down to the East Berkshire League Premier Division for the 2010–11 season after it no longer had a Reserve team. The move proved successful with the team making it to the finals of the Maidenhead & Norfolkian Cup and the Slough Town Senior Cup. Eton Wick went on to win the Maidenhead & Norfolkian Cup 1–0 against Slough Heating with Adam Hickey scoring the winning goal. A week later Eton Wick lost the Slough Town Senior Cup Final to Iver 1–0. However, they won the East Berkshire Premier Division. The following season they finished 3rd in the Premier Division but retained there Maidenhead Norfolkians Cup and won the East Berkshire League Cup for the first time. At the end of the 2011–12 season there was a disagreement about the direction of the club and the manager resigned. The club did not enter a team the next season and the manager Steve Evans took over at Wraysbury Village. Eton Wick reformed in 2013 and re-entered the East Berkshire League Premier Division. Between 2014 and 2017 the club played in East Berkshire League Division 1.
In 2018, with the club struggling for players, Eton Wick employed former Willow Wanderers Football Club Manager Colin Jacobs who agreed to fold his own club in favour of a club merger with Eton Wick. Now playing in East Berkshire Football League Division 2, Eton Wick Manager Colin Jacobs hopes to help revive the club's successes of years gone by and take them back to the top of the East Berkshire Football League.
- Hellenic League Division One East:
- Winners(1): 2004–05
- Chiltonian League Premier division:
- Winners(2): 1992–93,1998–99
- Runners-up(1): 1999–00
- Chiltonian League Division one:
- Winners(2): 1991–92, 1996–97
- East Berkshire Football League Premier Division:
- Windsor, Slough and District League
- Winners(2): 1974–75, 1986–7
- Berks and Bucks Senior Trophy
- Winners(1): 1992–93
- Maidenhead & Norfolkian Cup:
- Winners(2): 2010–11, 2011–12
- Slough Town Challenge Cup:
- East Berkshire Football League Sid Hurly League Cup:
- Winners(1): 2011–12
Winsor, Slough & District League Cup (Senier Section): winners 1977-78
- Highest League Position: First in Hellenic League Division One East 2004–05
- FA Vase best performance: Second round 1994–95
- History Eton wick FC
- "Eton and Eton Wick Recreation Grounds". Etonwickhistory.co.uk. Archived from the original on 24 April 2012. Retrieved 2012-08-11.
- Eton, Admin. "Re-joining East Berkshire Football League – Eton Wick FC". Pitchero.com. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 24 August 2013.
- "Eton Wick". Pyramidpassion.co.uk. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- Pieman, Simple (8 May 1996). "Pie and Mushy Peas: Eton Wick FC". Pieandmushypeas.blogspot.co.uk. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
- ETON WICK at the Football Club History Database
- EBFL League Cup Winners – Eton Wick. "EBFL League Cup Winners – Eton Wick – The East Berkshire Football League". Eastberkshirefootballleague.pitchero.com. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- Senior Trophy Berks and Bucks FA
- Eton Wick Win Norfolkian Senior Cup!!!. "Eton Wick Win Norfolkian Senior Cup!!! – The East Berkshire Football League". Eastberkshirefootballleague.pitchero.com. Archived from the original on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "History". Stccc.org.uk. Retrieved 11 August 2012.