Eternal derby (Romania)
The Eternal derby (Romanian: Eternul derbi), also called the Romanian derby (Romanian: Derbiul României) or the Great derby (Romanian: Marele derbi), is a football match between Bucharest rivals FCSB and Dinamo București, two of the most successful clubs in Romania.
Steaua fans during a 2012 derby (top) and Dinamo fans during a 2005 derby (bottom).
|Other names||Eternul Derbi, Marele Derbi, Derbi de România or Clasicul României|
|First meeting||CSCA București 0–1 Dinamo București|
(21 November 1948)
|Latest meeting||FCSB 1–1 Dinamo|
(5 October 2019)
|Next meeting||Dinamo vs FCSB|
(15 February 2020)
|Most wins||FCSB (59), Dinamo (59)|
|Most player appearances||Ionel Dănciulescu (35)|
|Top scorer||Florea Voinea, Ionel Dănciulescu (13)|
|All-time series||STEAUA;FCSB: 59|
|Largest victory||Steaua 5–0 Dinamo|
(4 April 1998)
Background and history
The two clubs have played each other over 150 times, beginning with Dinamo's 1-0 victory on November 21, 1948. The events are regularly marred by instances of hooliganism and frequent outbreaks of violence between rival fan groups.
The two teams are notable for their collective dominance of Romanian football. Between them, FCSB (26 times) and Dinamo (18 times) have won the Romanian football championship 44 times out of 97 completed seasons, resulting in a percentage of 45.36%. This supremacy extends also to the Cupa României (22 times for FCSB and 13 times for Dinamo) and the Supercupa României (6 times for FCSB and 2 times for Dinamo).
They are also the two Romanian football teams with the best results in club competitions organised by UEFA. FCSB won the European Cup in 1986, was runner-up in the same competition in 1989 after reaching the semi-finals in 1988. In 2006, FCSB reached the semi-finals of UEFA Cup. Meanwhile, Dinamo reached the semi-finals of the European Cup in 1984 and in the Cup Winners' Cup in 1990. Additionally, FCSB won the UEFA Super Cup in 1986 and was defeated in the Intercontinental Cup by River Plate the same year.
- Largest win: Steaua București 5 : 0 Dinamo București on 4 April 1998
- Largest home win (championship): Steaua București 5 : 0 Dinamo București on 4 April 1998
- Largest away win (championship): Dinamo București 0 : 4 CCA București on 11 April 1956
- The most goals in one match (all competitions): 10 in Dinamo București 6 : 4 Steaua București on 2 May 1990, Romanian Cup final
- The most goals in one match (championship): 8 in Dinamo București 6 : 2 CCA București on 1 October 1951
- FCSB's largest win: Steaua București 5 : 0 Dinamo București on 4 April 1998 and 12 June 1985
- FCSB's longest series undefeated (all competitions): 19 matches (11 wins, 8 draws) between 19 April 1992 and 22 April 2000
- FCSB's longest series undefeated (championship): 16 matches (8 wins, 8 draws) between 19 April 1992 and 22 April 2000
Head to head results
FCSB win Draw Dinamo București win
Romanian Cup (Cupa României)
Romanian SuperCup (Supercupa României)
League Cup (Cupa Ligii)
Players who played for both teams
Only league matches. FCSB's appearances and goals adds from official book.
Managers who coached both teams