|Subhash Chandra (Chairman)|
|Products||Media, entertainment, packaging, infrastructure, education, precious metals and technology|
|Revenue||US$2.4 billion (2017)|
Number of employees
Channels operated by Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (ZEEL)
- Zee TV
- & TV
- Big Magic
- Zee Anmol
- Zee Anmol Cinema
- Zee Cinema
- Zee Action
- Zee Bollywood
- Zee Classic
- & Pictures
- & Xplor
- Zee ETC Bollywood
- Zee Café
- & Flix
- & Privé
- Living Foodz
- Living Zen
- Living Travelz
- Zee Tamil
- Zee Thirai (launching soon)
- Zee Telugu
- Zee Cinemalu
- Zee Kannada
- Zee Picchar (launching soon)
- Zee Keralam
- Zee Bangla
- Zee Bangla Cinema
- Zee Sarthak
- Zee Punjabi (relaunching soon)
- Big Ganga
- Ganga Biskope (launching soon)
- Zee Marathi
- Zee Yuva
- Zee Talkies
- ZEE5 (Web)
Channels operated by Zee Media Corporation Limited (ZMCL)
- Essel Infraprojects Limited (EIL) – This group has started the amusement parks Essel World and Water Kingdom.
- Suncity Projects
- Shirpur Gold Refinery Limited (SGRL) – precious metal (gold and silver) refinery, fabrication of gold bars, coins and jewellery
- Himgiri Zee University (HZU), Dehradun
- Zee Learn Limited – A number of educational projects have been launched by this group. They include:
- DigiNext Education Pvt Ltd (Vigyaa)
Recent developments (2019–present)
Debt and recovery
During February 2019 reports appeared in the media that Essel Group is in talks to sell their shares from the Zee Entertainment Enterprises to pay off the debt.
Sony Corporation, Comcast-Atairos, a firm lead by American cable gaint Comcast are shortlisted for the bid. However they are competing with technology giant Apple Inc. and Reliance Industries
Top Sony officials including Mike Hopkins, chairman of Sony Pictures Television, and Tony Vinciquerra, chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment, had visited Subhash Chandra and his family at his residence shortly after Chandra announced his intent to sell half of the promoter holding in Zee Entertainment Enterprises to a global strategic investor.
On August 1 reports Invesco Oppenheimer Fund to buy 11% stake in Zee Entertainment
- "About Essel Group | Zee Learn".
- "Subhash Chandra buys stake in UNI". dnaindia.com. 8 September 2006. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- "Essel Group". Essel Group. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- "Subhash Chandra on Zee, DNA & Essel". Rediff.com. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- "Essel Group". Essel Group. Retrieved 30 August 2010.
- "Essel Group suspends satellite platform for cable". Financialexpress.com. 15 March 2010. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- Hermann Simon mentioned this company in his correspondent book as an example of a "Hidden Champion". (Simon, Hermann: Hidden Champions of the 21st Century : Success Strategies of unknown World Market Leaders. London: Springer, 2009. ISBN 978-0-387-98147-5.)
- ": : : About Essel Group : : :". Ecityfilms.com. 28 February 2006. Archived from the original on 4 April 2011. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- "Best Animation, VFX and Design Institute India - ZICA". zica.org.
- "Essel Group bets big on education". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- "zeeq.in". zeeq.in.
- "Best Private University in India | Best Private University in Dehradun Uttarakhand - HZU". Himgiri Zee University.
- Laghate, Gaurav; Barman, Arijit (19 February 2019). "Comcast-Atairos, Sony shortlisted for stake sale talks by Zee Entertainment" – via The Economic Times.
- "Zee Entertainment shares wobble after share sale by promoters". 2 April 2019 – via The Economic Times.
- "Zee Entertainment down 3% after promoters sell stake". Moneycontrol.
- Laghate, Gaurav; Barman, Arijit (3 April 2019). "Sony, ZEE deal off for now amid valuation differences" – via The Economic Times.
- Thomas, Tanya (31 July 2019). "Invesco Oppenheimer fund to buy 11% stake in Zee Entertainment for ₹4,224 cr". https://www.livemint.com. External link in